Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comparison tests.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 10:14 AM
will run you OVER

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Arrow Comparison tests.

Im writing a little report about the new 09 trucks. I look at everything in and out of the truck. figures are good but Im more of a visual kind of guy.
Some things that I want in my next truck is:

1) leather seats that comfort my *****.
2)towing package
3)heated/ cooled seats
4)fog lights and tow hooks
5) 4wd of course *although you cant say 4x4 anymore since they now have 6 sp. trannys
6) appreance

I will test drive them all and let yall know what my opinion is, and update it with more info as I get it.

First off is the Dodge. I looked at a couple and heres some plus marks for it:
it sits high like a truck should, the dual exhaust is a cool look, the front end is mean and agressive, big doors for easy entry and exiting, tow hooks are secured in 2 places, standard 20" rims.

some minus marks for the dodge:
the leather is hard all around and has no support, the interior looks somewhat cheap compared to the Ford, lots of plastic, the folding bed extender cant be stored in the truck, its either in or out. the tailgate sits high and is hard to get in even for a 20yr like me,

I have yet to test drive the dodge, hopefully today I will be able to.

The Toyota:
+++++
nice side steps, acceleration (I did test drive one), steering is loose but controled, nice sound from the 5.7 iforce, very light tailgate

-------
tranny has rough shifting, steering feels like its too loose and might fall apart, lots of body roll in corners, going over small speed bumps the bed shakes a lot (and im in the cab watching it), the dash gauges are recessed in really deep holes hard to see sometimes, rough ride, feels oversized and has wasteful space, front bumper sits low

THE FORD:
+++++++
amazing interior, smooth ride, smooth shifting tranny, sound system is clear, the backup camera is very nice, heated and cooled seats nuf said, looks great from every angle, spray in bed liner

-------
the front bumper sits kinda low, even on the 4wd versions, lots of plastic on the front end, drives big takes time to get used to, not as fast as I would have thought,

I will have the GMs and Nissans and the dodges' test drives by the end of the week.
feel free to add your thoughts and comments
Old 05-04-2009, 10:29 AM

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I think you will find the Ford F150 and the Dodge Ram 1500 are very comparable and are arguable the two best trucks on the market today. The Dodge Ram 1500 has a better engine and looks more sporty. The Ford F150 has better gas mileage, towing, and handling.

One thing to consider, though I am not sure how this will affect the market, is that Chrysler filed for bankruptcy Thursday. I read today they are selling substantially all of its assets to Fiat and is closing a bunch of plants down, lying off some 5,000 workers.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:36 AM
will run you OVER

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

I did see that. Even had a nice little chat with my father about it. I just dont know about Fiat tho....what could they possibly know about trucks.

Quick Reply: Comparison tests.