General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 04:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clutch problem

I need some help trying to figure out what's wrong with my 96 ranger, to turn it on I have to push the clutch hard down hard an I'll shift it into get an it won't move backwards or forward, I put into first an drop the clutch to stall it out an it doesn't stall out, I just had my clutch and slave cylinder changed about 2 months ago, does anyone have an idea on what can be the problem ? Maybe air in the line ? Any help will be appreciated
Old 01-03-2013, 06:44 AM
Flyinryan517

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

It prolly is air u will have to try to bleed the air out it is a pain in the *** my buddy had the same problem with his f150
Old 01-04-2013, 03:16 PM

Received 140 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigboi82
I need some help trying to figure out what's wrong with my 96 ranger, to turn it on I have to push the clutch hard down hard an I'll shift it into get an it won't move backwards or forward, I put into first an drop the clutch to stall it out an it doesn't stall out, I just had my clutch and slave cylinder changed about 2 months ago, does anyone have an idea on what can be the problem ? Maybe air in the line ? Any help will be appreciated
Sounds like you have a clutch problem, not hydraulic. If it was air in the system you would have difficulty getting into and out of gear as you would not be engaging the clutch enough. If you can let the clutch all the way out and the truck does not stall then you have a clutch slipping. Take it back to who ever put your clutch in.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:24 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

+1^^^^
Old 01-15-2013, 11:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flyinryan517
It prolly is air u will have to try to bleed the air out it is a pain in the *** my buddy had the same problem with his f150
I bled the clutch out and I finally got my truck to move a little, so I bled they system again an it drove like a champ after that, I'm able to drive around normal again, idk if it was air in the like or maybe the wrong fluid was put in or it got contaminated or what ? But my truck is driving again, thanks for the help everyone..
Old 01-15-2013, 12:48 PM
M&D

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Those things are a PAIN to bleed sometimes, Ive done several. Good job on fixing it. It probably wasnt done correctly to begin with.

Quick Reply: Clutch problem