Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clicking noise from front end

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post Clicking noise from front end

Hello
I have a 2008 Ford F 150 FX4. It is riding on some 20" rims and 305mm tires. It also had a 2" leveling lift put on. I bought the truck used so don't know alot of history on it. After I bought it, I noticed a clicking noise coming from the front drivers side. It only happens when I am making a hard left turn in reverse. I have tried to replicate the noise in forward both directions and in reverse with wheels turned to the right. Nothing. At first, I thought it was just tire rub. It felt like the ridges on the edge of tires hitting the frame. Upon further inspection, there are no rub marks and I could not visually see the tire hitting anywhere. Any suggestions before I take it to a shop?
Thanks
Jeff

Last edited by jmss96; 07-22-2015 at 10:39 PM.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:05 PM

No Suggestions??
Old 07-23-2015, 11:36 PM

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Hey, I'm surprised nobody has come to help.
Are you sure it's coming from the front and you're not hearing the rear when you are in the hard reverse left?
Old 07-24-2015, 12:34 AM

Mine also does this and I also have a two inch level. Does it sound like metal on metal? I researched it a bit and read some posts on this forum. Some people say it is the metal wheel stops rubbing at full lock. I looked under my truck and that is the only place where I can notice any scuff marks from rubbing.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:33 PM

It definitely is coming from the front left wheel while doing a hard left in reverse. I stuck my head out the window to listen, as well as having someone outside listening. It does sound like metal on metal, like a big ratchet. I cannot find any rub marks though.

Quick Reply: Clicking noise from front end