General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cleaning injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 07:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default cleaning injectors?

i want to change my pcv valve and i heard the easiest way is to take the upper intake off, so while i'm at it i want to shoot it with some paint and i was also curious about the injectors, if i take them out and soak them in injector cleaner over night, will it clean them out?
Old 11-08-2010, 09:49 PM

bump?
Old 11-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Born to a Ford Family

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMHO - It will make them prettier, but not really clean them internally. The injectors need to be cycling through their open - close positions with cleaner running through them to clean them effectively. this leaves a few alternatives - 1. If they aren't real bad, run a can of Seafoam or other good quality fuel system cleaner as you drive. 2. For more effective cleaning, you can get an in place injector cleaning at Quick lubes and other service centers. 3. You can go with full on, removed from vehicle Fuel Injector cleaning at a dealer or major service center.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the Sea Foam thru the vacuum line from the brake booster to the intake manifold as suggested on another post covered the street with white smoke for 10 minutes then drive it for about 20mins ..does the 1/4 miles in 7 seconds...just kidding now waiting to see if there is any gas milage differance...might give the thottle body a clean up also...
Old 11-09-2010, 09:18 PM

i did seafoam once, not much smoke, i don't think i let it sit long enough, will try again, i've done plugs, wires, cap and rotor, seafoam and one or two bottles of cleaner in the last year or so and it still idles rough at red lights

Quick Reply: cleaning injectors?