Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing bulbs

Old 11-14-2008, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing bulbs

I need to change the bulbs for the heater and AC controls in 2000 F150. I cannot figure out how to get at them to change them. Thanks.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:38 AM

I have been a member of several forums which always come up with answers. One helps me keep my vintage motor home on the road. This forum is a puzzle. My question seemed to me to be one that a member had done at sometime, change the bulbs on the dash controls for the heater/ AC. Over 80 people have looked at the question but no replies. Maybe this forum is only interested in customizing or making sexy modifications to their trucks and not simple maintenance. I look through this section and find other questions like mine which deal with a maintenance type problem which go unanswered.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:37 PM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

I try to help as much as I can but my experience lies with the older models. If I knew anything about the trucks over '96 then I would give you an answer.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:04 AM
Bleeds FORD Blue

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can help you, I just did it to my 99. Pull the screws out holding the a/c panel in, and there should be 2, or 3 peanut bulbs there(cant remember I only had to change one). On the back side of the panel, the bulbs are just twisted in. You will see a white plastic, what looks like a button. you turn and pull that out. then pull the bulb from there. I cant remember the number, but I bought extras because they fit the doors too. If you need help, many people are willing to, it just takes time sometimes, not everyone gets a chance to check every section. Try posting in another section if this one doesnt give you any feedback, but be sure to delete one before you post your question in another section
Old 12-04-2008, 08:57 AM

[quote=cole_ford;116921]I can help you, I just did it to my 99. Pull the screws out holding the a/c panel in,

Thank-you Cole_Ford for the reply. I looked for screws or any way this panel was attached and could find none. I cannot get to it from behind even after I took out the cup holder assembly which is directly beneath. I remained puzzled and have attached a picture of exactly where I need to replace the bulbs just in case someone was not certain.
Attached Images  
Old 12-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Bleeds FORD Blue

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pry the plastic bezel around the radio off with your fingers. You will see the screws. Sorry I assumed you already had that off. The radio bezel is what the vents are mounted in, and airbag switch, and if you have it, your 4X4 electric switch
Old 12-05-2008, 01:57 PM

Thanks, since it is only going to warm up to the low 20's today I'll wait until a warmer day but now I think I have it.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:21 AM
neil0215

you have to pull the trim piece off that goes around the temp controls and around the stereo, etc. it simply pops right off. you can then see the bolts. 4 i believe. i know this because you have to take the trim piece off to change the radio out. ive changed my bulbs in controls. 2 bulbs. shouldnt take more than 5 minutes to get this out
Old 02-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

We have alot of guests that roam through our forum just looking for starters.

And second, unlike most forums there is a smaller instance of someone spewing incorrect information just to see their words typed which is a great help and one of the reasons I do like it here.

Third, I did a quick search and found several threads covering the bulb question for your year that could have been referenced. That would save you some time as well. If you wish to further help other members down the road you could possibly take some pics as you do the bulb change and post em up so they may benefit for your experiences.

Glad you got your answer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Changing bulbs