General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car Show

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right section but oh well. I wanted to let everyone know that there will be a car show in Orlando, FL on March 22nd to benefit a charity called New Hope for Kids. It is a charity that grants wishes to children with life threatening illnesses (similar to Make a Wish Foundation) and this specific event is going to benefit a nine year old child named Jonathan who’s wish is to visit his family in Puerto Rico, get a new computer, and some new clothes. He has a disease known as Hemiplegia which is a form of Cerebral Palsy and ALL proceeds from the event will go towards granting his wish. I am taking a class at the University of Central Florida and myself and six other members of my class were given the assignment of raising money for this child. To enter the car show there will be a fee of $20 but almost every car that enters will get an award of some kind plus, it's for charity. The show is being held at the Hooters by the airport and there will be a car wash with all Hooters’ girls and the proceeds will be given to Jonathan as well. We will also be raffling off a lot of prizes such as a Hooter's party pack worth over $300 and hopefully two round trip airfares to anywhere in the continental US. If anyone would like to donate, come to the show, or if you know any sponsors or would like to be a sponsor we would greatly appreciate it. The charity's website is www.newhopeforkids.org and you can donate directly on their website and make sure you put that the donation is for Jonathan and post your name so I know you donated and we can give you recognition at the event and so I can verify that the money was actually donated. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Car Show