General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't afford gas so we spend time here

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 04:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Can't afford gas so we spend time here

I am in the same boat, I can't afford gas for my truck so instead of going out I spend more time on this forum and talk about our nice new trucks that we are not driving.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:34 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacoma
I am in the same boat, I can't afford gas for my truck so instead of going out I spend more time on this forum and talk about our nice new trucks that we are not driving.
Speak for your self. I just bought my truck and I sure as hell didn't buy something I couldn't afford to enjoy. In the short time I've been in this forum I've noticed something about your posts.

Mostly
The following users liked this post:
Scrappy Doo (03-11-2013)
Old 03-10-2013, 04:34 PM
I am the God of hellfire

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Nobody asked...
Old 03-10-2013, 05:19 PM
Meaner than ymeski56

Received 457 Likes on 331 Posts

Interesting, I think you may be in a group all your own
Old 03-10-2013, 05:28 PM
0.9% is for suckers!

Received 172 Likes on 122 Posts

Another bs post by Tacoma last month:

" as fuel prices increase the resale value of your truck goes down,, I can remember when we had the big increase in 2007-2008 where dealers couldn't give away full size pickups, 2 year old used 4x4 trucks were selling for under $10K,,,, everybody was trading in their truck for a fuel efficent car,, and the big problem Ford makes is using 36 gallon gas tanks,,, its a money shock filling one up when gas is $4/gal
did you know when gas is $4/gal and you drive 15K miles a year and if you get another vehicle that gets 10 MPG better that you;ll save $4400 a year just on gas? "

With you saving all that money you should have plenty of money for gas. Lol.

Tank size doesn't matter. All 36 gal tanks do is save you time between fill ups. Try a Camry, they only have an 18 gal tank you can maybe afford to drive.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Meaner than ymeski56

Originally Posted by HoustonRider
Another bs post by Tacoma last month:

" as fuel prices increase the resale value of your truck goes down,, I can remember when we had the big increase in 2007-2008 where dealers couldn't give away full size pickups, 2 year old used 4x4 trucks were selling for under $10K,,,, everybody was trading in their truck for a fuel efficent car,, and the big problem Ford makes is using 36 gallon gas tanks,,, its a money shock filling one up when gas is $4/gal
did you know when gas is $4/gal and you drive 15K miles a year and if you get another vehicle that gets 10 MPG better that you;ll save $4400 a year just on gas? "

With you saving all that money you should have plenty of money for gas. Lol.

Tank size doesn't matter. All 36 gal tanks do is save you time between fill ups. Try a Camry, they only have an 18 gal tank you can maybe afford to drive.
I personally love this one:

Ryan? not much you can do,,, its today's gasolne mixed with ethonol and oxygenated thats giving everybody lower gas mileage,,, you know if we had the gasoline of the 70's everybody thats getting 15 mpg would be getting 25 mpg now. Today's gasoline is less concintrated, mixed with oxygen ,,
If it would make you feel better my little V6 Tacoma gets 15-16 MPG and Obama is doing everything he can to lower gas prices
Old 03-10-2013, 05:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a funny post. Not so much in a happy funny way, but awkward. I do see the OP's point to some degree. When I bought my truck the operating expenses were well within my means. Gas prices, cost of living, going up and income flat for 10 years has put a dent in my discretionary spending. So, I still drive my truck, but i pay attention to unnecessary trips and try to avoid them. So my driving has been modified from fun to functional. Where I used to enjoy spontaneous camping/boating trips solo, now I only go when my friends can join me so that we can share the expenses. It's a good trade off, though, cause we also get to share the good times. I do miss my spontaneity. Biggest hit financially, and it's a choice, is paying for a private college tuition and a state college tuition right now. There's the real ouch! that affects (effects?) my driving habits. Still, as long as I stay employed, there'll be money to burn in 4 years, God willing. In the meantime, I'll drive the civic (don't tell anyone) to work and when I need to replace my truck it will be with another truck. I love my truck. Even with it's crappy mpg.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:41 PM

Received 73 Likes on 49 Posts

Why would you buy a "nice new truck" if you can't afford to drive it? If you bought a truck thinking you would get 25 mpg, you have certainly learned a hard lesson. Fuel economy should have been part of your budget planning. I'm not in your boat, thankfully. The way I see it, you might be paddling in your own little dingy for a long time.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Meaner than ymeski56

Originally Posted by MZEMS2

Why would you buy a "nice new truck" if you can't afford to drive it? If you bought a truck thinking you would get 25 mpg, you have certainly learned a hard lesson. Fuel economy should have been part of your budget planning. I'm not in your boat, thankfully. The way I see it, you might be paddling in your own little dingy for a long time.
Without a paddle?
Old 03-10-2013, 05:44 PM
0.9% is for suckers!

Received 172 Likes on 122 Posts

I did get 17.4mpg on my way to buy some new boots today. Lol.

Can't afford gas so we spend time here-image-307243910.jpg

Hope that helps if your sitting around looking for has money. Have u tried mowing lawns?

Quick Reply: Can't afford gas so we spend time here