Sponsored by:

can anyone help? I need wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 01:26 AM
the kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question can anyone help? I need wiring diagram

Ey everyone
I had a great idea the other day... I'm gona put a new CD player in my truck! ok, so my budget is kinda tight and i dont wana pay future shop or can tire or whoever to install it, so i'm gonna do it myself. there's a little problem tho, i've never installed a cd player in my life. so... if there's anyone out there who wants to walk me through it and/or give some tips? My truck is an 02 with the factory player in it right now. I can see where the screws are to get it out, but after that, i would be stumped i'm sure... please help
Old 11-07-2009, 09:45 AM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

To make it very easy you should purchase a wire harness for the car stereo. You can buy them on E-bay for about $10 or at Best Buy for more, not sure how much more. This will save you from having to cut original wire harness, very useful. The wire harness bag should state where each wire should go. I just use wire nuts to get a good strong connection.

Since it sounds like your electrical skills are limited your are probably better off buying from a store and having them install. They generally offer free install on stereos over $100, or around that, at stores like Best Buy. They will just charge extra for the wire harness. It is very easy to DIY, but sometimes it is just better to pay a bit more and save yourself the hassle.

Good Luck.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Dirty South's Finest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can buy a hareness kit from walmart that it mostly plug and play and the kit you need to have for cd player to sit in there and the tool to remove the factory radio cause they dont have scews they have four little whole in the face and they make a tool to go in there for like 3 bucks at wally world
Old 11-07-2009, 06:48 PM

Received 120 Likes on 97 Posts

They are simple to do... Do the above. I always buy a kit so I can put the factory deck back in when I sell the truck.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Theres a pretty good write up here: http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/FLM/PDF/356017.pdf

It has all the instructions, pinouts, etc.

It is a pretty straight foward process, I did it on my mountaineer without any instructions. Def go with a harness adapter. They're available from crutchfield.com, ebay, walmart, bestbuy, and lots of other places for around $10. It will give you the ability to switch back to the factory radio when (if) you sell her.

Quick Reply: can anyone help? I need wiring diagram