Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What are your intersts in meeting up?
Showing off your truck and looking at others, getting some ideas
66.67%
Meeting people with similar interests but diverse backgrounds
57.14%
Expressing the attributes of the F150 publicly, as a group
4.76%
Exploring the countryside with a drive, perhaps doing a ralleye
28.57%
Creating the basis for future meet ups
23.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Calling All Toronto Area Southern Ontario Members

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 11:00 PM

Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts
Default Calling All Toronto Area Southern Ontario Members

Time to start planning for a Spring 2014 Meet and Greet, and Drive!

Suggesting North Toronto, off Highway 400 say in beautifully photogenic Kleinberg for lunch, or just photo ops, then on up the highway to King City for more cruising and shooting with lunch in the area... some really beautiful rolling scenery up there north of the King Sideroad.

April-May, before the bugs comes out and while our first detail efforts are still fresh.

Feel free to join in and help organize what will be a fun filled day and meet some new friends. Give me a shout and we will take it from there...

Let me know if you want to do a family or wives event, or just owner meet. I'll poll and let you know the results. It would be great to see twenty or so trucks out for the event. There are very good restaurants and pubs in both locales. Plan for about two-three hours maximum event time (no hard rules about your total time spent at the thing, but lunch will be an expectation I would think).

Here are a few shots of the area.. the side of Hwy 400 north of King, south of Aurora sideroad, early morning, then up a lane off Jane or Keele Street just outside of King, and King City proper... we will organize this properly with staged shoots and real photographers with real gear.

Come and have a blast at the Toronto Area and Southern Ontario Members Spring 2014 Meet and Greet, and Drive!

Last edited by fringe_remnant; 03-06-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:34 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Count me in!
The following users liked this post:
fringe_remnant (03-06-2014)
Old 03-06-2014, 08:52 AM

Meet Up Ideas 01: Ontario Craft Brewers Run

This would be interesting, combining craft beer tours and shopping with a ralleye type event brewery to brewery. Perhaps once we get a good group together we could organize something like this.

See: http://www.ontariocraftbrewers.com/
And: http://www.ontariocraftbrewers.com/breweriesMap.php

For example, the Guelph area and north has some excellent breweries, all within an hour of the city. And from King north there are some wonderful establishments to visit, including Flying Monkeys in Barrie and three more in Muskoka. And, the National Capital Region is blessed with a plethora of active breweries, many of them ward-winning.

Of course, there are many craft brewers of significance right within the GTA. Cameron's of Oakville make a fabulous Rye Pale Ale and the last Thursday of every month is party night there, with live entertainment... http://www.cameronsbrewing.com/ Trafalgar Brewery in Oakville is noteworthy, and in Burlington we have Nicklebrook http://www.nickelbrook.com/ operated by John Romano.

Beer for thought. Hope to hear from you.

FR

A picture of my 87 year old father in Ottawa with me two Christmases ago, at the Arrow and Loon.

Last edited by fringe_remnant; 03-06-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:15 AM

Creemore Springs in Creemore...

Old 03-06-2014, 09:38 AM

Received 479 Likes on 333 Posts

I'd be up for a meet but time is limited for me on the weekends so I doubt I'd be doing any touring anywhere far, somewhere in the GTA area would suit me best. Last time only 3 people showed up at our meet so if there's enough interest this time around I'd go.

Judging by our winter and the amount of snow we need to melt away I'd say May or later. I'll keep an eye on this thread.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:36 PM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Interested in a meetup, coffee, ice cream, fish and chips, lunch etc (not so much a microbrewery tour) but I doubt I could devote a full day on the weekend to it.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:04 PM

Hey AWS.. good to see you here. You have a long drive in from Courtice! What about an early start and done by noon? I love the mornings, before the traffic gets going.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:02 PM

Received 183 Likes on 150 Posts

Hey Fringe where do I sign in?
It doesn't matter when it is, if I have to get remarried the Bride can wait, if I have to have to do an eye exam the doc can wait if I have to... well, pretty much everything applies.

By the way, Azuri, last year I wasn't here This time around I already have a few friends who are waiting for this day. i'm not kidding, I know of my partner, 2 neighbours and a couple of friends from the Ford dealership. there's also someone I bought stuff from on kijiji who asked me to count him in. All will be driving their own vehicles and I bet each can easily bring 1 more friend or 2 along.

I will help organize anything and sure expect any help from my buddies if requested. All good people.

Count me in! Sign me in!
Old 03-07-2014, 09:14 PM

Received 479 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by WildernessLVR
By the way, Azuri, last year I wasn't here
No worries the more the merrier it makes a god pic with more trucks. I've blinged mine out a bit more but it's in a serious need of carpet shampoo thanks to all the salt/snow this winter I won't get to that until the last of the snow is melted. I'll see if I can get another forum member here with his Raptor to show up and the other fellow with his nicely modded FX4. We compared exhausts I took bragging rights but I'm biased, lol.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:36 PM

Received 183 Likes on 150 Posts

You bet! The more, the merrier!
Tomorrow I'll have some free time and I'll be contacting all my friends to let them know the day is coming lol!

Quick Reply: Calling All Toronto Area Southern Ontario Members