Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cab Leg Room

Old 08-26-2011, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cab Leg Room

I am starting to look for a replacement for my 1995 Ford F-150 XLT. I have one question that I haven't found an answer to yet. Which gives you more leg room, a cab with a bench seat or one with bucket seats?

I have very long legs and feet and I want the one that affords me the most room. The issue is getting in and out of the truck. I have to pull my legs back to the seat, and turn my feet sideways, one at a time, to clear the frame of the door. I have to step out on my left leg then turn my right foot sideways and pull out my right leg.

Has anyone heard of someone with an extended cab repositioning the seat to allow additional leg room for the driver?
Old 08-26-2011, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn dude. are you over 7' tall? i'm 6'3" and don't drive with my seat all the way back in my screw.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Dazed and Confused

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

I am 6'4 and do not have my seat all the way back either. Plus my truck has adjustable (forward/back) peddles.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:16 PM
zap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Leg room is about the same on the two seat setups. On the repositioning the seat thing, I haven't ever seen it done to a extended cab, however, my godfather did do it to a Citroen which he took to 232 at Bonaville. Actually he sat in what would've been the back seat. What I would do is get the bucket, take them out and replace them with some master crafts or something where you can actually choose where the runners bolt up to the seat.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:36 PM
lost my Car again...

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

i have a reg cab with bench seats i ride with my seat all the way back. i think the bench gives you more room but i never driven an f150 with normal seats.
you can put almost any seats in the truck you got now with some brackets

i would recomend a extended cab or crew cab that way if you needed the extra room you could just take the drivers seat out and sit in the back seat.
kind of like this guy did
Old 08-26-2011, 08:35 PM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

my 2010 lariat with memory seats slides the seat all the way back when you pull out the key and slides it forward to wherever you had it set when you put the key back in, very nice feature. I have the center console with bucket seats, its the only way to go.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:02 PM
zap

Originally Posted by SultanGris
my 2010 lariat with memory seats slides the seat all the way back when you pull out the key and slides it forward to wherever you had it set when you put the key back in, very nice feature. I have the center console with bucket seats, its the only way to go.
Those have been around on other manufactures for over a decade but they are nice to have, as well as power pedals. Your still at the problem though of the seat won't go back far enough when it's all the way back so it wouldn't do a whole lot of good.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:03 PM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by zap

Those have been around on other manufactures for over a decade but they are nice to have, as well as power pedals. Your still at the problem though of the seat won't go back far enough when it's all the way back so it wouldn't do a whole lot of good.
Well I have a super crew and it goes back plenty far enough, go to the dealer And try one!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:17 PM
zap

Originally Posted by SultanGris
Well I have a super crew and it goes back plenty far enough, go to the dealer And try one!
Whoop dee do you have a screw. That wasn't really the point. I've driven plenty of vehicles with the memory settings and driver presets, but your still sitting on the normal length rails and the OP is asking about something that goes past factory limits.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ther all same be regler cab or the other long as the set can be a justed it dont mater

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cab Leg Room