General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bolt on exhaust vs welded exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolt on exhaust vs welded exhaust

i am going to be getting a 2010 f150 in a few months...waiting on the 11s to come out and my wife's 90 day mark to hit at the ford dealership so i can get the employee discount . i was wondering....is there a difference in the bolt on kits and the welded kits?
Old 09-21-2010, 07:19 PM
Geek-a-saurus Rex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WIZE*****
i am going to be getting a 2010 f150 in a few months...waiting on the 11s to come out and my wife's 90 day mark to hit at the ford dealership so i can get the employee discount . i was wondering....is there a difference in the bolt on kits and the welded kits?
Welded kits are cheaper because you've got a guy who knows how to bend and weld to fit your truck. I'd say around half the cost of a bolt on.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:01 PM
Chris

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by WIZE*****
Originally Posted by BuckChucklestik
Welded kits are cheaper because you've got a guy who knows how to bend and weld to fit your truck. I'd say around half the cost of a bolt on.

my friend has a 2000 2wd dodge ram and he just installed a new exhaust on it himself. he rrented a pipe cutter and cut the factory muffler off and used clamps to clamp a cherry bomb where the stock muffler was and dumped it right after the rear axle, he spent like $40 on the whole set up. i have not seen the set up yet but i asked him if its pretty sturdy and he told me it was. pretty cheap and it probably only took an a couple hours. dk how long itll last though.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Hillbilly redneck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so I was going to ask, but since a thread is already open for it, what is the difference in performance (gas mileage, power, etc.) between the two? I just want to replace the muffler w/ a SI/DO, but without compromising the highway mileage or power.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Heh, 'member'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The difference will be negligible at best.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:26 PM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Welded kit is going to hold up better. But that's if your offroading.. I had a exhaust kit that used c-clamps but I was offroading and it came loose and fell off. Never found the time to go get it welded. So that is what I got! lol..

And there wouldn't be any performance loss in either. It's just how it's mounted basically.

Quick Reply: Bolt on exhaust vs welded exhaust