Sponsored by:

Blower unit failure

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower unit failure

Thanks in advance if you can assist me!

I have a 2008 F150, 4.6 V8

While driving with my AC on and fan on high, the fan (blower) briefly cut in and out and then blower stopped working. I checked the blower fuse and it looks good. I checked the Blower relay and the guy at autozone said if the relay is bad then I will hear clicking under the hood while the motor is running. I hear no clicking. I looked on the internet and found some videos showing how to replace the Blower Motor Resistor so I installed a new Blower motor Resistor. The blower is still not working. While driving on the highway with the AC on there is a little cold air coming out of the vents however, if I switch it on inside air source (max AC) then the air flow stops. Whatever is under the glove box is getting cold and the AC is working.

Does anyone have an idea how I can get the blower working again?

I have never changed my inside air filters and they may be clogged but would that stop the blower unit from working?

Can anyone direct me to a forum that can help?
Old 08-20-2015, 12:33 PM
Some guy

Received 2,025 Likes on 1,286 Posts

^^ better... but post it in the 2004-2008 forum
https://www.f150forum.com/f4/
Old 08-20-2015, 12:37 PM
Some guy

Received 2,025 Likes on 1,286 Posts

A clogged filter can definitely kill a motor by making it overheat, but it's unlikely and would take a very long time. Sounds like the blower motor itself just died. Happens. Unplug it and get a meter on the plug and test for voltage through the range. If you've got voltage, you don't have an electrical problem and should replace the motor.

On another note, you did get a little air flow before you turned on recirculate, so it sounds like your blend door works just fine. That's VERY good news.
The following users liked this post:
NY_Mike (08-20-2015)

Quick Reply: Blower unit failure