General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black winter rims

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black winter rims

I have a brand new 2015 Black Lariat with the black sport/FX4 package.
Living in NY, I don't want to scratch up my nice 20" rims in winter driving or salt conditions.

I'd like to have a set of black rims to put some snow tires on. Steel will probably rust so I am looking for some cheaper black rims. I also don't want to change the look. 18" is fine, but I don't want to move the rim in or out of the wheel well.

What size rim will match the OEM rims?

Offset moves the rim in or out, correct?

Last edited by fasterthanlight; 09-02-2015 at 04:25 PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:27 PM

Received 482 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by fasterthanlight
I have a brand new 2015 Black Lariat with the black sport/FX4 package.
Living in NY, I don't want to scratch up my nice 20" rims in winter driving or salt conditions.

I'd like to have a set of black rims to put some snow tires on. Steel will probably rust so I am looking for some cheaper black rims. I also don't want to change the look. 18" is fine, but I don't want to move the rim in or out of the wheel well.

What size rim will match the OEM rims?

Offset moves the rim in or out, correct?

you need a +44mm offset to match the factory wheels, but I wouldn't get totally hung up on that ... anything between about +22 and +44 should be considered, if you're being "picky" enough to only go after decent looking black rims for winter. Yes, the +22 will push the tires out a little bit, but not too much, and you MAY just find you like the look with the stance a hair wider than stock.

Also, 18" wheels will work fine, but I can't say for sure if 17" wheels would work. I know you didnt mention 17's, but I figured I'd say that because others have run into issues with the brakes and knuckle/spindles being too big to fit the 17" wheels ...

Quick Reply: Black winter rims