General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Ford oval emblems

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Ford oval emblems

Joined the truck crowd and got a new 13 FX4 screw w/ backup cam and I'd like to replace both of the blue oval Ford emblems with black Ford emblems. Are these sold anywhere? I've read a couple posts about painting them myself, but I get the feeling I'd f it up with the lettering.

And on a semi related note, has anyone removed with Ecoboost logo's? I'd also like to purchase the logo's off an MKZ as I think they look better, and place them below the FX4 logo's, but not sure if a hair dryer will be enough to remove them?
Old 04-23-2013, 04:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have also been looking there are some billet aluminum options and here were some responses to my post

https://www.f150forum.com/f7/blacked...d-oval-206330/

and removing the badges are simple...its best on a warm day all you do is peel them off and clean up the sticky stuff with good-gone. You can also use dental floss to get behind the adhesive to help for a cleaner removal.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:14 PM

Received 128 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by sinjed
Joined the truck crowd and got a new 13 FX4 screw w/ backup cam and I'd like to replace both of the blue oval Ford emblems with black Ford emblems. Are these sold anywhere? I've read a couple posts about painting them myself, but I get the feeling I'd f it up with the lettering.

And on a semi related note, has anyone removed with Ecoboost logo's? I'd also like to purchase the logo's off an MKZ as I think they look better, and place them below the FX4 logo's, but not sure if a hair dryer will be enough to remove them?
Emblems like this?

I had vinyl overlays made by a member on here named Moody Blue. Apparently he's real busy right now though with life stuff and won't be taking any new orders until late summer. For these, I just plasti-dipped the whole emblem then applied the vinyl overlay.

I removed my FlexFuel badge from my tailgate, and it was easily done with a hair dryer and floss or fishing line. I'm pretty sure the EcoBoost badges are the same way but someone else will need to chime in.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:31 PM

I had actually messaged Moody Blue the other day but hadn't heard back yet. Looks like Billet Badges will do exactly what I'm looking for, but will cost significantly more I'm guessing. Thanks for the replies though, time to get me a quote!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:32 PM

Received 3,933 Likes on 2,510 Posts

There is a guy on ebay that sells painted Ford oval emblems.
I painted mine tuxedo black and silver. But the flash from the camera makes the letters look white.
Attached Thumbnails Black Ford oval emblems-009.jpg  
Old 04-23-2013, 09:24 PM

Received 116 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by sinjed

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-FLEX-all-9-Inch-Oval-EMBLEM-BLACK-Tailgate-OR-Grille-OEM-9-STICKS-ON-/190820673418?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c6dcc678a&vxp=mtr
Old 04-23-2013, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by NASSTY
There is a guy on ebay that sells painted Ford oval emblems.
I painted mine tuxedo black and silver. But the flash from the camera makes the letters look white.
Did you just use a single piece of painters tape and an xacto blade inside of the lettering? And did you remove the logo prior to painting, or leave it on and cover everything up?

Quick Reply: Black Ford oval emblems