Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bakflip covers

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Beer Gut Extraordinaire

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,317 Posts

Default Bakflip covers

One of my buddies just got a bakflip F1 cover for his F-150. I never actually gave it any thought myself, i had a retrax on my old truck. I actually quite like the concept of it. The retrax intruded into the bed space and couldn't support any weight. I am warming up to the idea of the bakflip, and I am wondering what version i should get, thinking of going with the F1. What do you guys think of your Bakflips?
Old 01-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Camden Tennis

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default G2

I got the backflip g2 for my platinum and love it. I love how it is slightly hidden in the bed. My 2 cents
Old 01-14-2012, 10:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also have the BakFlip G2. Great cover. Had it almost a year and has never leaked. Where I live in British Columbia we truly get all 4 seasons. Summer can be hot (100ºF) to the winters (-4ºF). So the cover has alot to deal with. I have no issues with it other than when the snow melts and then freezes again the rubber seal that goes across the tailgate sometimes sticks to the tailgate and makes is difficult to open. Fortunatley I don't have to open my tailgate that often at 6am when I'm scraping the snow/ice off my truck. I would highly recommend any of the BakFlip covers. They're all pretty much the same thing. I went with the G2 because I got a good deal on it.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Denver Ecoboost

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a Bakflip G2 and absolutely love it. The only issue that I have had is that my tailgate has the built in step. This gives the tailgate 2 small notches that water creeps in.

Quick Reply: Bakflip covers