Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

automatic retractable ladder rack

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default automatic retractable ladder rack

Hi guys,

My name is John and I own a 2002 F150 scew 4x4. I love my truck and it’s probably the most useful vehicle I've ever owned. I haul a lot of construction material and equipment that is longer than my truck bed. For example 22FT ladders, 18FT deck boards etc. I don't want to install a permanent ladder rack in my truck because I also be up hauling tall stuff like refrigerators and I don't want my truck to look like a work truck because I also use it as my personal daily driver.

I've looked at what temporary / hide-away ladder rack systems and don't really like the idea of have to installing and breaking down a ladder rack system every time I need one. I'm speaking of systems such as the:

Invis-a-rack system ($600)

or the Z-RAK system ($100).

I am intending to make a completely automated ladder rack system that will work of a single button one touch operation. In the down position the rack would not impede the use of the truck bed at all. In the up position the user would have a ladder rack that would support around 500lb. The idea being that when you need a ladder rack you simply hit a button to deploy the rack and when you are don’t using it hit the same button you are back to have a normal truck. When not in use the rack would be stored on the sill of the truck bed and would look like a 3”x3” railing along the bed on both sides.

I’m wondering if there would be a market for such a product? Would you put one on your truck? And if so what would be a good price point that would interest you in buying such a system?

Thanks for you feedback.
John

Quick Reply: automatic retractable ladder rack