Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any interior tool box/ storage setup? (work truck)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 07:55 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default any interior tool box/ storage setup? (work truck)

i need some ideas on an interior tool chest setup in the supercrew cab space. (i don't carry passengers back there.) i use the full bed for hauling materials so i'm not using up any of that precious space to put a box back there. i don't need anything as extensive as a $1000 van tool sliding drawers setup (hey but that would be cool!) ...right now i have a couple of buckets to hold tools and styrofoam cooler for drinks and another for loose tools, and a couple of small portable toolboxes and on the floor bigger tools like saws & pruners... it's messy and hard to find stuff. any ideas? photos of your setup? thx!

eta: i'm not talking about underseat solutions. i'm talking about a tool chest /storage setup in the cab space with both seats up.

Last edited by gardener; 03-25-2014 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

there are a few alternatives, one, Ford does make a small box for under the rear seat. Two, a company called Dirversified Products carries a brand called
DU HA boxes and accessories. I just put the DU HA in my supercrew and it fits pretty nicely under the rear seat. It would be perfect if it were two inches shorter side to side then the rear seats would cover it completely. I have the subwoofer in mine and they have one with a cut out for the sub.....

would I buy it again? yes......it is well made. I usually put toolboxes in my trucks but I think this time i'm going with this. Believe me it's not anywhere as big as a bedbox but it's pretty good size. Some tools, some tie downs, flags and such. I like it. If you don't have a sub then you could carry rifles and such. It actually comes with spacers for rifles to be carried under the seats.

hope this helps.....I put the Weather Tech liner under it and then placed the DU HA and then the sub. The sub has to be removed before you can place the box.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:45 AM

those are way too small. i'm talking about a full mobile work truck setup.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:23 AM

anybody?
Old 03-26-2014, 12:27 PM
Canuck

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Seen these on another forum...You could do something similar but bigger in the crew. Its just painted plywood and drawer slides.

Last edited by Sako; 03-26-2014 at 12:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
gardener (03-26-2014)
Old 03-26-2014, 06:21 PM

ooh i like those! thx!

Quick Reply: any interior tool box/ storage setup? (work truck)