General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

advice on buying a 97 F150

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 07:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default advice on buying a 97 F150

Alright guys, I come to you for advice! I'm looking at picking up a 97 F150. Its a white Lariat version w/ 4x4, 5.4l, club cab and a step side bed with about 122k miles. The guy is asking $6k for it (Originally asking $6900). Ive seen pictures of it and it is in really decent shape for its age. I'm going to go test drive it tomorrow and see how she runs. The owner claims that everything is in good shape and that the transmission, transfer case and motor have been well maintained. Its been down here in florida since day one, so relatively no rust, other than some minor surface rust on the underside due to normal wear. Is the truck in general a good truck? What are some things i should look out for? I know this is the first model year for this body style, should I hold out for one that is a couple years newer? I'm definitely looking for an older truck that can be reliably driven daily. I'm looking for any and all advice. Should I work a better price? Thanks in advance!

edit: MODS, feel free to delete this topic! I think I went to the more appropriate section dealing with the 97-03 trucks. Sorry and thanks!

Last edited by deviant1; 04-28-2009 at 09:24 PM.

Quick Reply: advice on buying a 97 F150