General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Additional USB Port

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Additional USB Port

One thing I was really disappointed about in my 2016 XLT is the location of the USB port. My DW (darling wife) likes to stuff her monsterous purses right on top of the driveline hump. If I leave a USB device plugged in she will surely break it off.

I found instructions on YouTube about how to add a second USB port but as soon as I removed the package tray I found out the instructions don't match my truck. The truck they showed was a 2015 and it seems that the Sync 2 computer has been moved.

I have the small screen, no navigation, no audio in port, and only one USB port at the bottom of the dash center stack. I'd like to have a second USB port in the glove box or anywhere else it's not going to get broken.

Any ideas? Experience? Bad jokes?
Old 06-25-2016, 08:00 PM

Received 102 Likes on 70 Posts

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-Low-Profile-SDCZ43-064G-G46-Version/dp/B00LLEODCK

I use this in my 14. Not much chance of breaking it off. It's just about flush with the port.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Samsung 64Gig that's about that small. I've been fixing stuff she breaks for nearly 50 years, I know what she's capable of. She'll find a way.

Quick Reply: Additional USB Port