Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Not Draining - where is the drain tube?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Not Draining - where is the drain tube?

I know this is an easy one for you mechanics. AC is not draining, but I can't find the drain tube to try to unclog it. I've looked underneath and don't see anything that looks like a tube. I saw a plastic, yellow nut-shaped hole that is in the general location of where it should be but it was dark and I didn't have time to find out if that is what I'm looking for.

AC's also sweating underneath passenger side dash, which I suspect is caused by it not draining. It still blows strong and cold.

2004 XLT Supercrew, 4.8 engine.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Go buy a shop manual...Chiltons or Haynes they will show you where its located.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've already looked in Chilton's and there is no reference to the AC drain tube. I'm not talking about the orifice drain. I'm refering to the tube underneath the truck in which the AC water drains. Maybe it drains through the frame in some way.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:40 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I didn't know there was a tube. I thought condensation just built up on the compressor when it was running and dripped off when you park.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your Drain tube is in behind the passengers side head on the fire wall.It only sticks out about an inch,also has a black plastic shield covering it.You will need to take off inner fender and tire.You can either pick up a elbow from FORD or do like i did.I went to local hardware store bought a 3/4 inside diam.x 3/4 outside diam. pvc elbow.And 3/4 inside diam rubber hose about 6 inch's long.Put those together with a little silicone to hold them tight.On the elbow I put just a little bit of silicone around the outer edge of elbow to seal it on to the drain tube.Works good for $2.46 i paid.Let me know however you do it.It took me about 1 1/2 hours with running to the store.Some say you need to remove the trans bolt on the head but I did it without taking it out.
The following users liked this post:
dezzzel (01-06-2015)

Quick Reply: AC Not Draining - where is the drain tube?