General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 F150 Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 06:30 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default 2016 F150 Build

I'm a newbie to the F150 forum so let me know if this should be posted somewhere else. I thought I'd be safe posting in the general area, but I may be wrong!

So I'm a first time truck buyer (or at least I will be once I buy). My dad is a lifelong F150 owner and I've grown up loving them. To this point in my life though, I've never owned one (mainly due to price). I'm a teacher so I'm purchasing this for my "weekend warrior" projects and just to have the versatility a truck provides one with.

In addition to my Dad's love of F150's, I also inherited his love of all things nice. I'm not going to purchase something unless it's exactly how I want it and it has the bells and whistles I know I'll use. He bought a 2015 as soon as they came out and got about everything possible on a Lariat. I love his truck, but I'm holding off until 2016 so I can take advantage of the redesigned Sync system (I'm a bit of a technology geek).

So here's what I'm looking for on my build... I'm just looking for advice from those of you who already own F150's or are planning to buy a 2016.

By the way... the 2016 build and price is active on Ford's website (finally)

SuperCrew Lariat (5.5' bed) 4X4
3.5 EcoBoost (although I could be persuaded to go 5.0 if you have a good reason)
Color is up in the air... Lithium Gray looks good on the site, but I want to see it in person first... the discontinuation of Tuxedo Black is upsetting and I'm not sure how I feel about not having metallic. Since I'm going with the Sport Mode, I can't get Green Gem otherwise I would!
502a
Sport Appearance Package
I'm skipping the FX4 cause I don't do any off-roading... (anyone have a reason why a weekend warrior would need or want FX4?)
Also skipping a tow package... I just won't tow much... should I reconsider?
Skipping the Technology Package too (my dad has it and I don't feel like the front camera is accurate enough to be useful... although I do like it)
I think I'm going LineX over factory, but does anyone have a reason (other than price) why I should go with factory?
Extended Range Fuel Tank
Twin Panel Moonroof
Power Deployable Running Boards

MSRP Came out to $55,515... I'd hope to get this down below $50,000 but what do you think is reasonable. I'm probably going to wait awhile to get better incentives, but what should I shoot for price wise?

Also, did I miss adding anything you think are must haves? I feel like the 2015 I built cost more than this so I feel like I may have missed something VERY important that I don't want to miss out on! Is there anything you would recommend I add that you couldn't live without?

Thanks for your feedback!

Quick Reply: 2016 F150 Build