Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 FX4 Trailer Running Lights Problem

Old 05-04-2015, 09:01 PM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Default 2014 FX4 Trailer Running Lights Problem

My new boat trailer sealed lights were not very sealed apparently when I backed into the water this weekend. I blew the trailer bulb (turn signal / brake I believe). Now my trailer running lights don't work. I believe these are referred to as trailer 'park' lights in the manual. I see there is fuse #67 and relay #6 for trailer park lights. Any idea which of the two would have maybe blown first for me to try? I did try with another trailer too just to verify it's my truck and not the boat trailer. On both trailers everything works except the running lights.

Or, maybe I'm missing something else?? Think I need to get a fuse puller as those are tight. Never pulled a relay before...can I gently just pull out with a pliers. Thanks for any help I can get.
Dean
Old 05-04-2015, 09:03 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by deanno
My new boat trailer sealed lights were not very sealed apparently when I backed into the water this weekend. I blew the trailer bulb (turn signal / brake I believe). Now my trailer running lights don't work. I believe these are referred to as trailer 'park' lights in the manual. I see there is fuse #67 and relay #6 for trailer park lights. Any idea which of the two would have maybe blown first for me to try? I did try with another trailer too just to verify it's my truck and not the boat trailer. On both trailers everything works except the running lights.

Or, maybe I'm missing something else?? Think I need to get a fuse puller as those are tight. Never pulled a relay before...can I gently just pull out with a pliers. Thanks for any help I can get.
Dean
The Fuse protects the circuit - including the relay.

Change the fuse. You can buy a fuse puller. Careful with the pliers.

Last edited by MGD; 05-04-2015 at 09:13 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-04-2015, 09:11 PM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Thank you. I can't tell by looking at it from top so will have pull it.

dean

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 FX4 Trailer Running Lights Problem