General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 F-150 front Brake issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 F-150 front Brake issue

Hello everyone, Lately when backing out of my driveway "rotors are cold" I can feel them grabbing. And again when I start going down the road. I took it to a Ford dealer. They put it up on the hoist with it running. With the truck in 2wd we manually rotated the front tires. They wont "free spin" for more than a 1/4 of a turn. The mechanic says that is normal. You can clearly feel the brakes grabbing and not the drive line. Also, I went from getting 18.5mpg to 13.0mpg. The mechanic said "its because it got cooler outside". Being he is lazy and gets paid by the book hrs I think its something he didn't want to get into because there is no money in it for him. I feel that calipers are bad.

Has anyone else experienced this brake issue before?

Last edited by Brady22; 01-28-2015 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:03 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

No experience with your partiular situation, however .....

Given your attitude towards the "mechanic" (and dealership) would recommend that you have the situation diagnosed elsewhere.

BTW ... As for the "wont "free spin" for more than a 1/4 of a turn", the mechanic is correct ... it's normal.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:28 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by Brady22
Hello everyone, Lately when backing out of my driveway "rotors are cold" I can feel them grabbing. And again when I start going down the road...
Welcome to the forum, Brady22. You can always get a second opinion at a different Ford Dealership. If you need assistance finding one near you, just enter your ZIP code here: http://www.ford.com/dealerships/locate/ How many miles are on your truck?

Crystal
Old 01-30-2015, 05:18 PM
Senior Citizen

Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts

Take your truck to another dealer, the mechanic that offered his opinion is clearly not interested in your well being. Your calipers are not sliding, they need to be removed and the piston needs to be inspected to see if it is moving freely in the caliper. If the piston is moving freely, then the slides on the caliper and the bracket that holds the caliper have to be cleaned and lubed properly to insure that the caliper floats when placed in the bracket.

Quick Reply: 2013 F-150 front Brake issue