Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > General F150 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to F150 Forum!
Welcome to F150 Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 11-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default 2013 ecoboost dead battery

Here we go leased and new ford with the ecobosst in may so not even six months old had it for a couple months and go to start battery is dead
figured I had left something on no big deal charge battery good to go I thought well about a week later same thing I took it in to get checked all they did was test the battery came back good gave it back so two months later same thing goes bad take it in they change a break sensor the said that it wasn't showing it was in park and was sending power out to other controls
great it fixed not two weeks later dies again take it in they call engineers they have them test all kinds of things cant figure it out they tell me to take it home and call them when it wont start again one week later dead again they come cant tell anything they take it to the shop call ford and they say that they feel it could be killing my battery by radio frequency around my house how could that do that so its been dead 7 times in shop 4 times in first six months and under 5000 miles so what to do besides call a lawyer and see what I can get done that way I love the truck just sucks you spend that kind of money and you never know when the battery will be dead when you go to start it.
ohiobbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #2
Fleet Technician

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Parasitic drains are most of the time difficult to pinpoint, especially when you have a dealer garage staffed with high school drop outs.

Try a different dealer, the one you've been taking it to obviously does not have staff properly trained or experienced to handle what is as I have come to know, a complicated electrical issue.

Could also be as simple as a batch of batteries that are defective. Happens more often than you might think.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
LUIGI DEATH STARE!!!

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to 03f15012

What I suggest that you do until the problem is fixed is to disconnect the battery when you are done with the truck for the night. Not going to fix the problem obviously, but it will make sure you don't have a dead battery so often; at least until you get it fixed. Dad had an old 7 series BMW he did the same thing to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost In Sync View Post
Darn Ecoboost killing batteries. Change to a 5.0 and see if that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpatiolantern View Post
Whenever I have problems in traffic, I post a vague, scathing Facebook post about the ordeal. That'll learn 'em.
03f15012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #4

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Lost In Sync is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lost In Sync For This Useful Post:
BCMIF150 (11-20-2013)
Old 11-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
LUIGI DEATH STARE!!!

Quote:
Lulz.
Quote:
Quote:
Whenever I have problems in traffic, I post a vague, scathing Facebook post about the ordeal. That'll learn 'em.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:08 PM   #6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

made me remember this thread....check and see...
http://www.f150forum.com/f38/replaci...ew-way-231938/

and another
http://www.f150forum.com/f38/battery...-reset-109656/

Last edited by Steve Osborne; 11-19-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Steve Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #7
Keepin' the lights on!

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobbd View Post
Here we go leased and new ford with the ecobosst in may so not even six months old had it for a couple months and go to start battery is dead
figured I had left something on no big deal charge battery good to go I thought well about a week later same thing I took it in to get checked all they did was test the battery came back good gave it back so two months later same thing goes bad take it in they change a break sensor the said that it wasn't showing it was in park and was sending power out to other controls
great it fixed not two weeks later dies again take it in they call engineers they have them test all kinds of things cant figure it out they tell me to take it home and call them when it wont start again one week later dead again they come cant tell anything they take it to the shop call ford and they say that they feel it could be killing my battery by radio frequency around my house how could that do that so its been dead 7 times in shop 4 times in first six months and under 5000 miles so what to do besides call a lawyer and see what I can get done that way I love the truck just sucks you spend that kind of money and you never know when the battery will be dead when you go to start it.
Holy run-on sentence!
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website or any other website, pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my vehicle, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Watt-maker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Watt-maker For This Useful Post:
BCMIF150 (11-20-2013), murf (11-20-2013)
Old 11-19-2013, 11:29 PM   #8
LUIGI DEATH STARE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobbd View Post
Here we go; leased and new ford with the ecoboost in May, so not even six months old. Had it for a couple months; I went to start it, and the battery is dead.

Figured I had left something on, so no big deal. Charge the battery, and its good to go, I thought. Well, about a week later, same thing. I took it in to get checked, and all they did was test the battery. It came back good, and they gave it back. So two months later, same thing. It goes bad, I take it in, and they change a brake sensor. They said that it wasn't showing that it was in park, and it was sending power out to other controls.

Great! It was fixed, but not even two weeks later, it dies again. I take it in, and they call the engineers. They have them test all kinds of things, but can't seem to figure it out. They tell me to take it home, and call them when it won't start again. One week later, it was dead again. They come, but can't tell anything, so they take it to the shop. They then call Ford, and say that they feel it could be killing my battery from a radio frequency around my house. How could that do that? So its been dead 7 times and been in shop 4 times. All within the first six months, and under 5000 miles. So, what do I do besides call a lawyer and see what I can get done that way? I love the truck, it just sucks that I spent this kind of money on it, and I never know when the battery will be dead when I go to start it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watt-maker View Post
Holy run-on sentence!
I deeed a gewd jawb uf feexeng it!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #9
Five-0 Ret.

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

Welcome, and I also suggest a different dealer. Don't waste money on a lawyer. As long as your dealer is trying to fix the problem you don't have anything for a lawyer to do, but take your money. A different dealer may just find the problem. Good luck, I hope they get your problem solved soon.

FYI, my neighbor had the same kind of problem, different brand truck. It was the power seat switch, it was hanging just enough to draw power, but not run the motor.

I tend to think donuts certify ones copliness....... Luther "Suitcase" Simpson
Wanted33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #10
2011 Lariat Screw EB

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watt-maker View Post
Holy run-on sentence!

Oh man, I needed this. I'm actually crying at work right now. Good Times!
murf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:10 PM