Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > General F150 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 11-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default 2012 f150 ecoboost NIGHTMARE

New comer here,first of all thanks for the warm welcome.

Here is my issue,this is the first ecoboost I've owned,bought it last december.i found out this July even after it's has been to the dealership for a the same problems in April,that the truck I bought brand new was a special order truck,that was refused at delivery buy the original owner,the dealership repaired the truck and sold it to me as new.

Now it gets better,called FOMOCO and they said its against the law,without telling and having the customer sign a agreement that they know and understand the issue.fords will not help at all.they stand behind the dealership instead of the consumer.

I do love the truck,but don't think I want to deal with the paint issues and the wind noises from a new truck,anyone have any ideas or delt with this type,of issue before.

I hope this opens eyes,or gets someone higher up,the FORD ladder for help.

Thanks in advance Scott

Last edited by Cej385; 11-19-2013 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Tittle issue
Cej385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
Administrator
5 Year Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

@FordService might be able to offer some advice on this.
Lenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #3

Can you be more specific about the issues? Wind noise and paint, please elaborate. Is this something that would be specific to the ecoboost?
mountain mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #4
Fuggetaboutit

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Thanked 1,552 Times in 1,037 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain mike View Post
Can you be more specific about the issues? Wind noise and paint, please elaborate. Is this something that would be specific to the ecoboost?
+1. I'd like to know more about the truck's problems as well. We can't help without some more context. I've had issues with mine, but none paint related. That doesn't sound Ecoboost related to me.
2013 F-150 FX4 SCrew 5.0L V8 | Oxford White | 402A | 3.55 | Nav | Roof | OEM Wheelwell liners | Line-X | 20% tint | 3M Protection | Fox 2.0 Coilovers | CustomTruckSolutions Emblems | Tremor grille | Hanning LED SR 20" Lightbar | 20x9 Fuel Maverick | LT295/55R20 Toyo Open Country A/TII Extremes
HCFX2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cej385 View Post

Here is my issue,this is the first ecoboost I've owned,bought it last december.i found out this July even after it's has been to the dealership for a the same problems in April,that the truck I bought brand new was a special order truck,that was refused at delivery buy the original owner,the dealership repaired the truck and sold it to me as new.

Now it gets better,called FOMOCO and they said its against the law,without telling and having the customer sign a agreement that they know and understand the issue.fords will not help at all.they stand behind the dealership instead of the consumer.

I do love the truck,but don't think I want to deal with the paint issues and the wind noises from a new truck,anyone have any ideas or delt with this type,of issue before.

I hope this opens eyes,or gets someone higher up,the FORD ladder for help.

Thanks in advance Scott
Having an attorney write them a letter with your intention of litigation outlining your concerns or mandates would cost you approx. 300-400 dollars. You would be surprised how a certified delivery of such a letter to management gets their attention.
Oldsmuggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #6

basically the truck had the rear doors repainted and then sold to me without my knowledge as a new truck,i even used a aplan on it.and then tried to hide it.until i called fomoco with the vin and they informed me that this was a repair made by the dealership and i should have been told this before i bought the truck.know im left dealing with repaint issues and wind noises from both rear doors.
Cej385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #7

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

What the dealer did was unethical but probably not illegal. I say probably not knowing the specifics. Lots of trucks have been damaged in shipping over the years, repaired, and sold as new.

Last edited by packplantpath; 11-19-2013 at 06:29 PM.
packplantpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #8
Ford Customer Service

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cej385 View Post

Here is my issue,this is the first ecoboost I've owned,bought it last december.i found out this July even after it's has been to the dealership for a the same problems in April,that the truck I bought brand new was a special order truck,that was refused at delivery buy the original owner,the dealership repaired the truck and sold it to me as new...
Hi Scott,

I want to look into this. Please send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, mileage, VIN, and dealership info.

Thanks!

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford
FordService is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #9
TTV6>V8

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

OP, hope you get these issues figured out.
In a place where these trucks basically drive themselves off the lot I just don't understand why dealerships are still pulling this crap.
At very least they will have lost your future business. I would hope for some compensation but that's very unlikely. I'd definitely be going for free service for the life of the vehicle and no charge for a anything related to the issues the truck experienced before you purchased it.
Again, hope you get the issues figured out. In the end it's on the lower scale IMO. You could have drivetrain issues or the dreaded CAC condensation but it's still a PITA.
Good luck with the truck and I hope the next time your in the market for a vehicle you find a more ethical dealer.

Logan - 2012 F-150 FX4 EB Sterling Grey Metallic
Looks - Blacked out Bilinvic Retro's, LED Everything, Truxedo Lo-Pro QT, 30" SR Rigid Light Bar, Plasti-dipped Emblems and Rims
Performance - AFE Stage 2 CAI, SCT SF3, SOLO MR400, Roush Black LED Boost Gauge
Logan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #10

I bought a Screw the first year they came out, 2000. The dealer transferred it from another dealer and it had about 600 miles on it. I just assumed it was their main demo. Years later when I sold it, the buyer pulled the carfax on it and we discovered that the truck had been sold and titled to someone and returned. Should have been sold as "USED". Highly Illegal. But after 8 years and 120,000 miles I wasn't about to do battle with a dealer 1500mi away.
dragging a 2013 JayFlight 26RKS up and down the Uintas
frieed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:23 AM