General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Ford F150 - Rolled out of Park

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Ford F150 - Rolled out of Park

My wife took my daughter to the gym and parked the truck in a flat lot. Not too much later a lady walks in and asked if anyone owned the white F150, because she just watched it roll out of its parking space and hit another vehicle. My wife pulls her keys out of her purse and cannot believe her truck just rolled and hit another vehicle. We had the truck towed back to the dealership, took the witnesses name and filed a police report.

Dealership says they cannot find the problem and that is it. They suggest making sure to use the parking brake going forward. The truck has 17,000 miles and is under warranty. I raised a serious Safety issue with the dealership. They say they had a Ford Engineer come out and look at it. When I asked for the report - they provided me with a written report from their legal department stating that there is nothing in writing and they have found nothing wrong with the truck.

Basically, pay your bill, we see nothing wrong with your truck and go away. I have asked for weeks for someone from Ford to contact me. No one will pick up the phone and call me.

Suggestions?
Old 01-21-2011, 06:15 PM

Received 108 Likes on 91 Posts

talk to a lawyer
The following users liked this post:
Wannafbody (07-22-2014)
Old 01-21-2011, 08:38 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Scrounge around the internet and find a higher up's email or number and jump as high as you can
Old 01-21-2011, 08:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Owners manual recommends using the parking brske because this can happen. Ford wont call you because they have nothing to say.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry about your problem Ford should at least talk to you! But I am constantly amazed at how many people fail to use either the parking brake or the Park position! I am having the exact same discussion on a Mustang forum...So many never use the EBrake even in a manual tranny! Just seems weird to me...& dangerous.

I have trouble getting my wife to learn to set the parking brake first THEN put it in Park on our steep driveway...she reverses this step & it is almost impossible to take it out of Park with the whole weight of the car on the Parking Pawl. Plus I figure it will damage it eventually
Old 01-22-2011, 07:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trinity870
My wife took my daughter to the gym and parked the truck in a flat lot. Not too much later a lady walks in and asked if anyone owned the white F150, because she just watched it roll out of its parking space and hit another vehicle. My wife pulls her keys out of her purse and cannot believe her truck just rolled and hit another vehicle. We had the truck towed back to the dealership, took the witnesses name and filed a police report.

Dealership says they cannot find the problem and that is it. They suggest making sure to use the parking brake going forward. The truck has 17,000 miles and is under warranty. I raised a serious Safety issue with the dealership. They say they had a Ford Engineer come out and look at it. When I asked for the report - they provided me with a written report from their legal department stating that there is nothing in writing and they have found nothing wrong with the truck.

Basically, pay your bill, we see nothing wrong with your truck and go away. I have asked for weeks for someone from Ford to contact me. No one will pick up the phone and call me.

Suggestions?
Is it possible that the park setting is worn due to stress from steep incline. Just a thought I had. Good luck . Be careful
Old 01-22-2011, 02:26 PM
NOM NOM NOM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mustanger
Sorry about your problem Ford should at least talk to you! But I am constantly amazed at how many people fail to use either the parking brake or the Park position! I am having the exact same discussion on a Mustang forum...So many never use the EBrake even in a manual tranny! Just seems weird to me...& dangerous.

I have trouble getting my wife to learn to set the parking brake first THEN put it in Park on our steep driveway...she reverses this step & it is almost impossible to take it out of Park with the whole weight of the car on the Parking Pawl. Plus I figure it will damage it eventually
Also remember to put it into drive BEFORE she releases the parking brake. Or it's all for nothing.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:09 PM
in the house

Received 1,338 Likes on 776 Posts

lol....what the wife isn't saying of course is that she failed to PUT it into park!

Most common 'failure' of any automotive problem is often the human one, frankly.
2011LIMITED#288 (07-23-2014)
Old 01-22-2011, 05:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seriously???

Have we really fallen this far down the "it's not MY fault" rabbit hole??
Your wife parked a heavy vehicle on an incline, failed to set the parking brake, the vehicle rolled down hill and it's someone's fault OTHER than her's???

Maybe you should sue Ford. Or better yet, the pavement company for failing to install speedbumps at the back of the parking spaces. Maybe you should sue Sit Isaak Newton for inventing gravity.

I'd like to sue your wife's parents for failing to teach her accountability.
2011LIMITED#288 (07-23-2014)
Old 01-22-2011, 08:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gunmonkeyintl
.. Maybe you should sue sir isaak newton for inventing gravity.
lmao

Quick Reply: 2010 Ford F150 - Rolled out of Park