General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Lariat Seat Replacement

Old 11-23-2014, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Lariat Seat Replacement

Hello, New here and need some help.

I have a 2008 F150 Lariat Crew Cab that I bought in 2010. Love the truck, except for one thing and it's paid off.

The drivers seat was designed by aliens from another planet.

I am human, therefore the distance between my shoulders and my butt is a fixed, constant distance, not changing. Thus the curve of my spine is also fixed and constant for a seated driving position.

However, the aliens that designed the seats for this model truck apparently have the ability to vary the distance between their shoulders and buttocks and change the curve of their spine.

This is the only option I can think of since when adjusting the height of the seat, only the lower cushion adjusts but the back of the seat stays in place.

I have spent over $300 over the years on various supports, pads, cushions, etc. trying to alleviate the discomfort created by this idiotic design. But now it is becoming so uncomfortable that something else needs to happen.

I would love to get another Super Duty, but another car payment is not going to happen.

What I want to do is swap out the existing seat(s) for a seat that has been designed for humans, where the entire seat adjusts.

Are the 2009+ models back to being a complete unit? Will they fit? Other options for replacing the seat(s)?

Again, getting a new or different vehicle is not an option as this truck is paid for and still in great condition with only 71k miles.

Thanks.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTT _ No one has run into the discomfort created by the poorly designed seats in this generation of F150's and sought a replacement option?
Old 11-24-2014, 01:28 PM

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts

I have shifted OE seats back so the adjustment range will accommodate my long legs. I have also taken bucket seats from a Grand Prix and put them in a Dodge to replace the 40/20/40 bench. It's all doable. You just need to research the wiring and fabricate a mounting plate. Hit up the junk yard and bring home something that fits you and matches the interior.
Old 11-29-2014, 11:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I drive a 07 at work and a 97 at home. The seat in the 07 is horrid on my lower back. I hurt for days after a couple hours in that thing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 Lariat Seat Replacement