General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005-2008 cam phaser- percentage of bad ones

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 01:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2005-2008 cam phaser- percentage of bad ones

I read hundreds of posts about this problem here and elsewhere. still have some questions. if the problem is the design, any idea why not all 5.4 3v have problems? seems many people took good care of them and still had the noise etc.
anyone know the approx of percentage of these engines that have the cam phaser problems?
thanks

I almost have to assume that this problem is there but not as bad as it seems. ford sold millions of trucks with this engine and each year they are the top selling trucks.You read about the horror stories but people are not going to hop online and talk about how they do not have the problem. It must be frustrating for those that have the problem but if this affected a majority of the 3v engines, I probably would have heard of this issue a long time ago and can not imagine how people would still be buying them if it affected a majority of the engines.

I think I will take my chance and get a used F150 with the 5.4 3v engine and hope for the best.
I do not like Dodge or Chevy and do not like the looks of Tundras or Titans and always been a ford guy.

Last edited by germanshepherd; 03-30-2015 at 07:14 PM.

Quick Reply: 2005-2008 cam phaser- percentage of bad ones