Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 f150 clunking applying brakes,Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 f150 clunking applying brakes,Help!

2004 f150 4x4 reg. cab
Had rear brake job done. mechanic was terrible, made several mistakes.all have been corrected? anyhow been having clunking noise and brake like grabing/jamming, seems to be coming from r/rear.has new e brake shoes, disc pads, rotors, axle seals, and bearings w/Royal purple max lube. only have problem when applying brakes at low speeds 15/25 mph and not all the time.Ford after redoing and checking rear end and brake job is saying it may be coming from transfer case or trans "auto" but no one knows! Can it be a mal-function in ABS system?
Thanks in advance Please any help!!! Bob ps. new at this did i post in right place?

Last edited by brenshaw; 06-17-2009 at 04:58 PM. Reason: wording
Old 06-18-2009, 12:55 PM

Default Need Help bad, Just picked up f/Ford

Just got back from ford 2nd. time. 1st. time fixed brakes installed wrong & opened rear again to see if pinion lock bolt & c clips were on right all appears ok. 2nd time removed drive shaft checked and drove without in 4 wheel drive mechanic got it to do same grind and clunking taking foot off gas under 20 mph without touching brakes.Please some one must have some thing else to try.i also found out today they did not check the obi codes mechanic says it's mechanical so he did not check. PPPPlease Need Help, Bob
Old 06-18-2009, 01:02 PM
The Instant Classic

I don't know much about brakes beyond changing out the parts that are designed to wear out, and checking brake fluid.

My guess would be that something was broke with the first mechanic's work.

I would take it to a different dealer. Or to a brake only place. Call around and explain your deal and see who gives you the most warm and fuzzy feelings.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: 2004 f150 clunking applying brakes,Help!