Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 F-150 cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 F-150 cruise control

Hey guys, new to the site and need a little help

Sorry to start a new thread but the search is just not helping.

I have a 2004 F-150 Fx4 and for some Reason and cruise control is not working. I have not clue what it is or how to fix it. I am leave next week on a 500 mile trip and would love to have it working. I have checked the normal thing fuses and such but really can't figure anything out.

Thanks in advance for the help

Scott
Old 11-25-2008, 07:56 PM

Welcome to the site Scott. It seems you asked the same question I came here to ask. I just got my truck a couple months ago and never tried the cruise control as I very rarely use it. My wife however lives by cruise control and when she tried it yesterday it did not work. I also checked the fuse box and all was well. The only thing I can think is something in the steering wheel has come loose since this is where the button is located. I also have an '04 FX4. Hopefully someone will have the answer we are looking for
Old 11-25-2008, 08:22 PM

Found this:

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...cab-4x4-cruise

Read through it and download the TSB they have listed.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:35 PM

Default cruise control trouble on 2004 f-150

I just joined the site, not even sure how to post a problem. Anyway the cruise control on my 2004 f-150 works intermittently. Sometimes it will be on for long peroiods of times sometimes it won't come on at all. It often kicks out when I use the power windows. It seems to work better in damp conditions, when it is pouring rain it works. On a hot dry day, forget it.
All my bulbs are good and I can' t move my floor shifeter without pressing the brake pedal.
From the sounds of it my problem is not uncommon, very strange but not uncommon. What exactly is it that needs to be relaced and what is the link with the power windows???
Ironcally I also own a 10 year old Windstar with 262 k (supposedly the worst vehicle ever made) and the cruise works perfect.

Stephan
Old 09-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Go Noles >>---;--->

My grandparents got mine fixed when they had the truck. It was a recall, and caused some fires while sitting in driveways garages etc...
Old 07-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Provo Utah

I am looking for the same thing and just posted a topic on it. I was told by dealer that it is a PCM or BCM, cant get a straight answer (another reason I am here) Power COntrol Module or Body Control Module. The parts guy said it might be in the center console under the shifter area.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Provo Utah

The most common problem with the cruise control is the brake pressure switch.

There has also been a TSB released about the BOO (Brake on / off ) switch input malfunctioning due to a probme in the BRAKE SHIFT INTERLOCK SWITCH.

The BRAKE PRESSURE switch is on the master cylinder. It's an easy part to replace. If you have a DVOM or a testlight I can tell you how to test it.

You need a scantool to do the brakeinterlock sw test. If you don't have one, either your regular repair shop or the dealer. Most repair shops have scantools that can test the BOO input. Tell them to monitor the BRAKE ON OFF (BOO) input while the brake is released. It should read OFF. According to the tsb, Apply the brake, move the gear selector to DRIVE. Release the brake; if BOO reads on or intermittently on while the brake pedal is released, replace the interlock switch. If it says off, move the gear selector with the brake not applied into different positions while monitoring BOO. If it ever says "on" with the pedal released, the interlock switch is faulty.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:34 PM
zap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure your horns are working. Could just be a bad circuit breaker (yes the trucks have them). I replaced my OE horns with 6 volt horns out of a 38 Chevy and every time I would press them it would pop the horn, and flip the circuit breaker, killing everything in the steering wheel as it is all on the same fuse and circuit breaker. Eventually I added an external relay where the OE horn wires would connect and that solved my problem. Also check and see if you have had the recall on the cruise system taken care of.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:13 PM

i have an 05 fx4. and cruise control wont work. i checked all the fuses and they were all good. the steering wheel lights don't even light up. i do have led lights, changed them out and nothing. i cant shift out of park without the brake being applied so i dont think its that.. any other suggestions? thanks!!!

Quick Reply: 2004 F-150 cruise control