Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 Ford F150 Vacuum leak

Old 09-02-2007, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Ford F150 Vacuum leak

I've got a 02 F150 FX4 was putting on a remote start and cut one of the red vacuum lines down by the gas pettal by mistake. when i was fixing the line i covered up the cut and it blew out the vents like normal so i finished fixing the line. Now when i try to put it on panel it goes back to the way it was ( just blowing out the defrost ) don't know if there is something i can do to check to see if it is even getting any vacuum or not. I un-hooked the clip and didn't hear anything. figured i would hear it trying to pull a vacuum but don't know. Anything else i can check?

The fix was not very good decieded to just replace the harness from the back of the unit but don't know what this harness is called? It runs from the back of the unit to just above the gas petal don't know where i can get the part or even what its called.

Last edited by JT4510; 09-03-2007 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Update
Old 09-02-2007, 02:35 PM

Received 211 Likes on 191 Posts

How good was your repair on the cut? It doesn't take much of a leak to keep the vacuum motors from operating properly.

Perhaps during your repair or the installation, an upstream vacuum connection was pulled off?

As small as the lines are, I don't know that one could hear a leak, unless the end of the hose were right by the ear.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2002 Ford F150 Vacuum leak