General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 f150 blower motor stopped suddenly

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 10:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default 2000 f150 blower motor stopped suddenly

2000 f150 stopped working suddenly today. first lost the intermediate speeds and thought my resistor went again but then it stopped on high too. were there issues with the connecotr melting that goes to the resistor? I checked fuse under hood and the 40A fuse is good. is there another one under the dash?

How many relays are there? one under the hood and 1 behind the dash?I will look for another fuse under dash in the morning. I did look at connecotr end that goes to the reisistor and it doesnt look normal but its not that obvious that it may be melted inside.

ANy help would be great. I do have a meter and know how to use it just dont have a schematic
Old 07-23-2016, 11:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

truck is fixed. turned out 40 A fuse did blow along with resistor. Replaced fuse then verified wiring(power) to resistor etc. connector to resistor does not appear to be melted and so far everything is working fine. Did look up connector adapter and parts stores want 60 bucks for the connector with 4 wires and connectors in case connector is melted. Probably will pick one of those up when I have more time. thanks for all the views, hope this helps someone

Quick Reply: 2000 f150 blower motor stopped suddenly