General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.5 leveling kit 06 cv problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 leveling kit 06 cv problems

Im not entirely sure the search bar is working for e, but I know before I ordered and put the leveling kit in (2.5" from auto spring) I read a thread all about the tire sizes and possible problems of going with too big of a leveling kit. I ordered the 2.5 because I didn't want the axles or ball jointsto be stressed but I would like to fit 33x12.5 tires and new rims on the truck. I measured my front fender dead center above the center of the tire and it was exactly 3 inches lover then the rear. after I installed everything my front now sits a half inch higher then the rear or my truck. making it a 3.5 inch raise, my driver side cv axle just exploded (only put 3k on the truck since the install) and the boot on the passenger side is extremely warn and looks ready to pop now. did I possibly get sent the wrong leveling kit? when I installed it my upper control arms were stuck down so far that they were touching the spring on the strut, to get everything to free up and settle back down I had to jack the whole truck up and drop it. the ball joints do look stressed and the axle angles look extreme to me but I was under the impression that this 2.5 inch kit was safe. all this being said, I inspected everything before hand and everything looked good and showed no signs of failure in the near future. the truck only has 60k on it so I cant help but feel this kit is why the axle broke. should I change this out for a 2 inch level kit? I want bigger tires and rims but I don't want to be wearing the truck out either!!! Im new here and this is my first f150 so im still on a slight learning curve here, I was a gm man for the last 5 trucks and just jumped ship haha so if there I a link or forum tha cold answer this for me that I just cant find please feel free to post it! thanks guys
Old 12-21-2014, 03:41 PM

Received 665 Likes on 517 Posts

Did you get it aligned? Are you sure there wasn't a small leveling kit on it already? 3.5" is just crazy.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by powerranger262
Did you get it aligned? Are you sure there wasn't a small leveling kit on it already? 3.5" is just crazy.
Yup, had it aligned right away. There was deff not another leveling kit in it either.

Quick Reply: 2.5 leveling kit 06 cv problems