General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 leak on passenger side floor board

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 leak on passenger side floor board

I need help. I have looked everywhere for this leak. I only get it during rain. It is comming in at the pass side front floor board by the fuse box and leaks into the wire tray. If anyone has seen this or delt with please help I will post a complete fix story once I get it fixed. I am going to attach a pic also of the truck with the raptor wheels I had some peeps ask for them and never got around to it. Thanx BRAD
Attached Images  
Old 11-30-2010, 06:48 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

This might be old news or perhaps doesn't apply to your model. Ford has had problems with the door pillar leakage. Maybe this is your problem. If you are still under warranty ask Ford. It seems, faulty seam sealing at the weld joints would let water into the cabin area. There is or was a field fix for this concern. Check search or your local dealer.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:17 PM

Thanx for the reply. I have not seen anything on the pilar but I will check there next time I get some day light. I have been outside messing with it tonight found a broken seam way up under the dash so I sealed it about half inch gap. I will continue my search though. My truck is not under warranty its an 04 with 45xxx miles on it they wont touch it but they will charge 55 an hour to try and find it. BRAD
Old 12-15-2010, 01:27 PM

I have a 2007 CrewCab and noticed water collected below fuse box. I had it back to the dealer and they said the drain ahead and behind this location was OK. They said the water came from the floormat - which is BS! I suspect more of a problem like you are talking about with the seams between body panels but it seems like it would be practically impossible to trace. I am thinking about simply drilling a hole to drain it. I think the water gets in when I wash the vehicle.

Last edited by gas2184; 12-15-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by gas2184
I have a 2007 CrewCab and noticed water collected below fuse box. I had it back to the dealer and they said the drain ahead and behind this location was OK. They said the water came from the floormat - which is BS! I suspect more of a problem like you are talking about with the seams between body panels but it seems like it would be practically impossible to trace. I am thinking about simply drilling a hole to drain it. I think the water gets in when I wash the vehicle.
Be carefull of the wiring harness as it rests in the bottom of the rocker. i have a 06 crew lariat that fills the rocker from somewhere? It also drips from passenger side grab bar and all ports from roof tray have been checked for drainage. Mine will leak when just sitting in light rain, problem is it drips on my fuse panel and causes other problems. Good luck
Old 01-13-2011, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by 06crewcab

Be carefull of the wiring harness as it rests in the bottom of the rocker. i have a 06 crew lariat that fills the rocker from somewhere? It also drips from passenger side grab bar and all ports from roof tray have been checked for drainage. Mine will leak when just sitting in light rain, problem is it drips on my fuse panel and causes other problems. Good luck
If u have gotten your windshield replaced there may be a small void in the glue and the water is running down the pillar to the floor.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:07 PM

Got to do some more research on the last warm day we had. Washed the truck and found water inside. Pulled all passenger side interior out. The back window slider is leaking. It runs down the back wall into the wire tray got a new window on the way hopefully problem solved. BRAD
Old 01-15-2011, 05:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redripper
I need help. I have looked everywhere for this leak. I only get it during rain. It is comming in at the pass side front floor board by the fuse box and leaks into the wire tray. If anyone has seen this or delt with please help I will post a complete fix story once I get it fixed. I am going to attach a pic also of the truck with the raptor wheels I had some peeps ask for them and never got around to it. Thanx BRAD
Another member found leaking somewhere around the windshield
That was causing electrical havoc to radio, starter, other.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:49 AM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gassign94
Another member found leaking somewhere around the windshield
That was causing electrical havoc to radio, starter, other.
Yes water leaks in this area can get into the PCM and cause all kinds of problems.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:53 AM

Hope not too late to post , I have my 05 screw last years, floor on passenger side it being wet and I open floor let it dry. today it raining day my son have to sit in the back he to me water was leaking from sliding rear window,it came from 3 rd break light. so check this out too.

Quick Reply: 04 leak on passenger side floor board