Topic Sponsor
Super Duty Forum Talk about Super Duty and Heavy Duty Ford trucks here.

Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 07:43 AM

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Tuner

Looking for some real world feedback on tuner options for 15 powerstroke. Looking for a simple set up. Just looking for a mild + tune that would wake up the truck a bit. Not looking to delete maybe a cai but that's about it. I tow some and love to hot rod around. Seen some guys talking about h&s and I contacted 5 star yesterday for some options. Just would like to hear from guys that are actually on the street with these rather than what a box says it will do! Thanks
Old 01-23-2015, 09:56 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

At my local diesel performance shop, this is the tuner and custom tunes that a few guys have run and recommend. http://www.rudysdiesel.com/_e/Chips_...stroke_6_7.htm

I personally did not run a tuner but guys at the shop had good reviews with it. I just couldn't risk it for the warranty. I just read too often that if something goes wrong on that motor, your are out big time $$$. I deleted and tuned every diesel I've owned except my 2014 stroke.

Locally, they have had 1 tuned/deleted 6.7 throw a rod through the block. It was an F450 though. There are far less new strokes than new cummins around here that are tuned/modded/deleleted.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lariatpsd
Looking for some real world feedback on tuner options for 15 powerstroke. Looking for a simple set up. Just looking for a mild + tune that would wake up the truck a bit. Not looking to delete maybe a cai but that's about it. I tow some and love to hot rod around. Seen some guys talking about h&s and I contacted 5 star yesterday for some options. Just would like to hear from guys that are actually on the street with these rather than what a box says it will do! Thanks
Let me know if you go with 5 star. I had their tuner on my '13 5.0 & it was great.

Quick Reply: Tuner