Topic Sponsor
Super Duty Forum Talk about Super Duty and Heavy Duty Ford trucks here.

Transmission Temp Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Transmission Temp Gauge

I have an F-250 Superduty 4X4 with a 5.4 liter engine. The transmission temperuture was running at a normal temp then all of sudden it just dropped low like it failed and the Tow Haul light and Engine Light came on. I am at a loss of what it could be? Any suggestion would be muchly appreciated.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:50 PM

to better help you with this problem you may have to give a little more details as to the nature of the problem.is the trans full to the proper fluid level?if so is it discolored other than reddish color(is fluid brown in appearance)?i am assuming its an auto trans but dont know.any additional info about your problm will give you a better response on the problem.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:22 AM

Default Transmission Temp Gauge

Thanks Dichymoe for the response. Yes it is a Autio Tranny. The oil level and color is good and it does not smell burnt. My F250 is equiped with duel Temp . gauges one for the coolent and one I believe is for the transmission oil temp. I will try and explain the problem a little more. From a cold start the coolent temp and tranny temp gauges track each other and the temps do come up to the normal running temp and then for no reason the tranny temp gauge seems to fail and drops to the low end and then I get a check gauge alarm along with the Tow Haul Light flashing. Since the first time this has happened the engine light also has come on. The tranny is still shifting and every thing seems to be OK. I have reset the engine light and it does come back on but not sure if this is related? Any Ideas what may be causing the temp gauge to fail?

Quick Reply: Transmission Temp Gauge