Topic Sponsor
Super Duty Forum Talk about Super Duty and Heavy Duty Ford trucks here.

My custom backup camera setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default My custom backup camera setup

Been hanging around here for quite a while but haven’t posted much.

Anyway, I finally finished a project on my 2008 Super Duty that I thought you guys might like so I thought I would share it with you. The project initially was just to figure out how to install the newer hard drive based Ford OEM navigation system in my truck. This was fairly straight forward though there were some minor issues getting the voice control working. Once that was all working correctly I decided to go ahead and attempt adding Sync so that I could have integrated Bluetooth. This proved to be somewhat challenging but I did finally get it all figured out and working. The final bit of this project was to create a really useful backup camera system.

Does your backup camera become virtually useless when you are pulling a trailer? Do you sometimes wish you could see your front bumper for nose in parking in tight spots? Would you like to be able to quickly check the state of the load inside your trailer while driving? Well my custom camera system solves all of these issues and more.

Check it out…
http://youtu.be/hxY3oQxKixk

Steve
Old 07-06-2011, 09:57 PM
rus

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That's a great setup. I'll have to work on this setup for my 150.
It will be more difficult, but worth it.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:01 PM
BADGERIAFX4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sync

Hey Steve i traded my 150 for a 2008 250 and it has factory nav is sync something i can add or do ineed a diff radio thanks
Old 07-23-2011, 12:18 AM

Nice Im looking to add a backup camera to my 2002 F350
Old 07-30-2011, 09:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BADGERIAFX4
Hey Steve i traded my 150 for a 2008 250 and it has factory nav is sync something i can add or do ineed a diff radio thanks
Sorry it took me so long to respond...evidently my account is not setup correctly to alert me when there is a new post in a thread I am subscribed to.

Anyway to answer your question, there were some 2008 navigation systems that were compatible with Sync. However the ones in the Super Duty trucks (as far as I know) were not.

That said, Sync is really cool and I am so glad I did the upgrade in my truck despite all the trouble I ran into getting it right. I have created a virtually plug-n-play kit for installing the newer nav with Sync in the 2008 Super Duty trucks...if you are interested PM me and we can talk about it.

Steve
Old 08-02-2011, 07:55 PM

PM sent, nice job
Old 08-04-2011, 02:29 AM

Wow great job! I'm highly impressed with the amount of time you took to fabricate this up steve!

-Ron

Quick Reply: My custom backup camera setup