Topic Sponsor
Super Duty Forum Talk about Super Duty and Heavy Duty Ford trucks here.

Mild Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 11:25 PM
zap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mild Exhaust System

Not too long ago a buddy of mine straight piped his 96 7.3L P-Stroke. It's not too loud as it is. All we did was went in an cut out the OE DPF and the OE muffler and just welded a new pipe in place. My father's birthday is coming up here in the near future and I was thinking about having something similar done to his 06 Cummins B5.9 QSB. I was wondering if anyone knows any DPF delete/muffler combo that would keep things quiet (my dad got over loud exhausts when muscle cars died) without any drone between 1700 rpm and 2400 rpm. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:10 AM
FN SWT

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zap
Not too long ago a buddy of mine straight piped his 96 7.3L P-Stroke. It's not too loud as it is. All we did was went in an cut out the OE DPF and the OE muffler and just welded a new pipe in place. My father's birthday is coming up here in the near future and I was thinking about having something similar done to his 06 Cummins B5.9 QSB. I was wondering if anyone knows any DPF delete/muffler combo that would keep things quiet (my dad got over loud exhausts when muscle cars died) without any drone between 1700 rpm and 2400 rpm. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Never heard of any pre 07 1/2 diesels having a DPF system on board.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:35 PM
zap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After 96 or 97 they started making them to California Emissions standards. Which require all diesels (no matter the age) to have DPF. For awhile, Dodge had a California version of the truck with a DPF. They are considered catalytic converters if you look at the official descriptions. Even the 7.3L Powerstrokes had them. The Duramax's didn't get them until 04.5 with the LLY engine. However, a lot of states don't require you keep them on.

Quick Reply: Mild Exhaust System