Topic Sponsor
Super Duty Forum Talk about Super Duty and Heavy Duty Ford trucks here.

The latest 6.0 coolant suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 08:21 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default The latest 6.0 coolant suggestions

Doing research on which is the best coolant to run, however much of the info I'm finding is at least a few years old so thought I'd seek more up to date info. Current color of it suggests previous owner used the Motorcraft gold and I do not want to use that based on what I'm reading. I just want something that will not fail in any way and will last a long time, and hopefully something that is easily available as if like to pick some up this weekend. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-02-2016, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 4,142 Likes on 2,841 Posts

Originally Posted by Rygi
Doing research on which is the best coolant to run, however much of the info I'm finding is at least a few years old so thought I'd seek more up to date info. Current color of it suggests previous owner used the Motorcraft gold and I do not want to use that based on what I'm reading. I just want something that will not fail in any way and will last a long time, and hopefully something that is easily available as if like to pick some up this weekend. Thanks in advance.
motorcraft gold. That is what needs to be in the truck. The only reason why you are seeing what you are is because it was never changed regularly

Last edited by djfllmn; 07-02-2016 at 06:27 AM.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:36 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

MC Gold works but needs flushed OFTEN and was never the correct coolant in the first place, IH (built the engines for ford) wanted non-silicate ELC coolant in these motors with a coolant filter. FORD decided to save a dollar and delete the cooler and use their NON-diesel G05 coolant, this was 90% of the problem with the 6.0...
Old 08-03-2016, 09:27 PM

Received 2,719 Likes on 2,056 Posts

Yes be careful of what coolant you use. Best thing to do, get a coolant filter and run IH coolant with the additives. Regular antifreeze can create deposits and cause cavitation which ruins a block. The IH coolant helps prevent this and lasts longer.

http://www.knowyourparts.com/technic...t-maintenance/

Quick Reply: The latest 6.0 coolant suggestions