Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > Super Duty Forum
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #21
Batteries Not Included
 
sgtpatiolantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 14,271
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Thanks: 86
Thanked 283 Times in 183 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to sgtpatiolantern
Default

Why do I keep seeing "Fixed" in a bunch of posts?
__________________
2013 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4
Navigation/Moonroof/Sony Sound System/My Ford Touch/Leather/Tuxedo Black/5.0 liter engine

100% Canadian Content!
sgtpatiolantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
STX4x405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,991
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 8
Thanked 58 Times in 54 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpatiolantern

I see. Yeah the Navistars were problematic. Yet there are still a few people who swear by them. Like I said, I have driven a few but not enough to really judge.
My dad had a 2006 6.0 with dual 5" straight pipes, and the whole "bullet proof" works, and it was an awesome truck, only problem was the f.I.c.m. (fuel injector control module) went out. He traded that one in on a 2010 6.4 and it was an 8mpg piece of crap, that was in the shop at least twice a Month for the 6 short months he had it before he traded it in. His DPF went out and the truck just stalled blew an 8' long cloud of black smoke then took off loud as all hell because it was like not having a DPF, but then it started running pretty poorly lol
STX4x405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
STX4x405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,991
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 8
Thanked 58 Times in 54 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpatiolantern
Why do I keep seeing "Fixed" in a bunch of posts?
Hunter quoted me and changed what I said lol
STX4x405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #24
Batteries Not Included
 
sgtpatiolantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 14,271
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Thanks: 86
Thanked 283 Times in 183 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to sgtpatiolantern
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STX4x405

Hunter quoted me and changed what I said lol
Ah! Lol!
__________________
2013 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4
Navigation/Moonroof/Sony Sound System/My Ford Touch/Leather/Tuxedo Black/5.0 liter engine

100% Canadian Content!
sgtpatiolantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #25
'Merican
 
Govi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 'Merica
Posts: 717
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Test drive them and see which one you like the best and is the best fit for whatever you are going to be using it for.
Govi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
STX4x405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,991
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 8
Thanked 58 Times in 54 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

I will not lie, my bosses wife has a 2012 2500 mega cab 4x4 Laramie. That truck rides so much better than mine, but the interior on the Laramie which is the same as lariat is pretty pitiful, the seats are insanely uncomfortable, the "premium sound" is worst than my low grade factory system ( before I changed it), and the steering is insanely stiff. The good about the truck... Ummm the megacab is really roomy, the engine has power, but from a dead stop you can spin the tires on fords 6.7's dodges 6.7 cannot, dodges 6.7 pulls like a mule, I've never towed with fords 6.7, dodge does offer 100,000 mile powertrain warranty which is good, but most diesels end up with a programmer so the warranty gets voided so it doesn't matter anyway. This is my comparison from my experiences, but I would say test drive them, and do everything that you will be doing with your truck with each one of them and just see which one does it better
STX4x405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #27
Batteries Not Included
 
sgtpatiolantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 14,271
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Thanks: 86
Thanked 283 Times in 183 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to sgtpatiolantern
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STX4x405
I will not lie, my bosses wife has a 2012 2500 mega cab 4x4 Laramie. That truck rides so much better than mine, but the interior on the Laramie which is the same as lariat is pretty pitiful, the seats are insanely uncomfortable, the "premium sound" is worst than my low grade factory system ( before I changed it), and the steering is insanely stiff. The good about the truck... Ummm the megacab is really roomy, the engine has power, but from a dead stop you can spin the tires on fords 6.7's dodges 6.7 cannot, dodges 6.7 pulls like a mule, I've never towed with fords 6.7, dodge does offer 100,000 mile powertrain warranty which is good, but most diesels end up with a programmer so the warranty gets voided so it doesn't matter anyway. This is my comparison from my experiences, but I would say test drive them, and do everything that you will be doing with your truck with each one of them and just see which one does it better
Yup yup. My work Ram rides fairly well, but the seats suck. My F150 has really cozy seats.


F250 or Dodge 2500?-image-442453882.jpg
__________________
2013 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4
Navigation/Moonroof/Sony Sound System/My Ford Touch/Leather/Tuxedo Black/5.0 liter engine

100% Canadian Content!
sgtpatiolantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:47 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
STX4x405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,991
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 8
Thanked 58 Times in 54 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Just did the research and the ford 6.0 was built by navistar which is international in fall of 2002
in Germany!!!

Last edited by STX4x405; 08-09-2012 at 09:53 PM.
STX4x405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:00 PM   #29
Batteries Not Included
 
sgtpatiolantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 14,271
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Thanks: 86
Thanked 283 Times in 183 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to sgtpatiolantern
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STX4x405
Just did the research and the ford 6.0 was built by navistar which is international in fall of 2002
in Germany!!!
Really?!?!?
__________________
2013 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4
Navigation/Moonroof/Sony Sound System/My Ford Touch/Leather/Tuxedo Black/5.0 liter engine

100% Canadian Content!
sgtpatiolantern is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sgtpatiolantern For This Useful Post:
STX4x405 (08-09-2012)
Old 08-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
STX4x405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,991
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 8
Thanked 58 Times in 54 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpatiolantern

Really?!?!?
Yep!!!
STX4x405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:28 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.