Topic Sponsor
Super Duty Forum Talk about Super Duty and Heavy Duty Ford trucks here.

97 7.3 4x4 should i buy it

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 09:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 97 7.3 4x4 should i buy it

there is a f250 here locally in OK for $2500 it has the 7.3 and is 4X4 it needs a tie rod end and fuel leak fixed which i can do just need some insight. and to all grandfathers would you be mad or disappointed if your grandson sold the truck you gave him
Old 10-09-2011, 10:12 PM

he said he hit a deer but im getting damage pics in the morning hopefully

Last edited by 1998f150wes; 10-09-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude my grandad would be pissed if i sold a truck that he gave me... and i think you should go for it i love my 7.3
Old 10-09-2011, 10:49 PM

yea i want the 7.3 but i have to sell the f150 to get it the guy whats to trade straight across but im gonna see if he wants to give me the 7.3 plus 500 since he hit the deer. my gramps talked to me a while ago and said if i wanted i could sell it and get what i want but i told him then i love the truck and i truly do love my f150, but i keep getting stuck out at the farm when it rains cause my dad gets there first and tears up some big ruts in his 6.0 4x4 crew cab that weights 5tons then i come in, in my little open diff f150 haulin 60 (not really but you know what i mean) around the corner just to out of the huge ruts. but im really not sure if he was disappointed when he said that cause ive only had the truck for 11months. now what i really need help on it getting my dad to sign the title over can someone give me tips on what to tell him and ive already tried that cause i keep getting stuck BS and he says no you dont need a diesel (he said that when i wanted a cummins) but now i need to come at him with ways to get him to say yes
Old 10-09-2011, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by 1998f150wes
yea i want the 7.3 but i have to sell the f150 to get it the guy whats to trade straight across but im gonna see if he wants to give me the 7.3 plus 500 since he hit the deer. my gramps talked to me a while ago and said if i wanted i could sell it and get what i want but i told him then i love the truck and i truly do love my f150, but i keep getting stuck out at the farm when it rains cause my dad gets there first and tears up some big ruts in his 6.0 4x4 crew cab that weights 5tons then i come in, in my little open diff f150 haulin 60 (not really but you know what i mean) around the corner just to out of the huge ruts. but im really not sure if he was disappointed when he said that cause ive only had the truck for 11months. now what i really need help on it getting my dad to sign the title over can someone give me tips on what to tell him and ive already tried that cause i keep getting stuck BS and he says no you dont need a diesel (he said that when i wanted a cummins) but now i need to come at him with ways to get him to say yes
well i heard alot of that when i traded my f150 in on my diesel i had it for 4 months lol and when i had to convience my mom i told her all the advantages... tell him that you will get better gas mileage and it will save you more at the pump so that you can spend more on your gf, truck, and family etc then tell him that it will give you major power advantages over your f150 so if your father needs help on the ranch you can actually help him and stuff like that and if he says no dont give up and take him with to look at the truck thats what i did with my mom and she let me do it!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 11:02 PM

well my dad is hard headed and im the one mostly at the ranch anyways messin with Sh** and hes always at the shop cleaning it so we can open it. so im gonna have the guy bring it to the shop so we can look at it and he can look at my truck too. but ive got to talk to my dad about it first and he says when i need to haul heavy **** use his truck and my dad has been around diesels so he kinda wont beleive some of it cause hes been around to many 6.0 latley and his get like 14mpg. not to mention this 7.3 has a hypertech tuner
Old 10-09-2011, 11:04 PM

well my dad is hard headed and im the one mostly at the ranch anyways messin with Sh** and hes always at the shop cleaning it so we can open it. so im gonna have the guy bring it to the shop so we can look at it and he can look at my truck too. but ive got to talk to my dad about it first and he says when i need to haul heavy **** use his truck and my dad has been around diesels so he kinda wont beleive some of it cause hes been around to many 6.0 latley and his get like 14mpg. not to mention this 7.3 has a hypertech tuner
well the 7.3s will still have a major power advantage over the 6.0s and are more reliable is this one your looking at a idi or a di turbo or nonturbo?
Old 10-09-2011, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by gotta mud
well the 7.3s will still have a major power advantage over the 6.0s and are more reliable is this one your looking at a idi or a di turbo or nonturbo?
this is a 97 powerstroke so i do beleive the boxy 97s are Direct injected
Old 10-09-2011, 11:16 PM

this is a 97 powerstroke so i do beleive the boxy 97s are Direct injected
hmm well either way it is a great motor better then the 6.0s and if you are the one normally at the ranch that gives you even more of a reason to have a diesel tell him your having trouble with the horses/other livestock or something like that i cant really come up with something because i dont know your specific condition
Old 10-10-2011, 08:45 PM

WELL my dad wont let me sell my truck he wouldnt even look at it i told him all it had was a fuel leak and i couldnt tell him anything else he was like there is something more wrong with it why would he want to trade then i said well he said he will bring it up here for us to look at and he said no the 97 DI is not the truck to buy he just pisses me off he says they are expensive to work in and i say well i can fix it and he wont budge i really want this truck so bad cause of the diesel and its 4x4 and winter is coming soon

Quick Reply: 97 7.3 4x4 should i buy it