Topic Sponsor
Super Duty Forum Talk about Super Duty and Heavy Duty Ford trucks here.

2015 F250 SD Platinum How much off MSRP?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 02:14 PM

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 2015 F250 SD Platinum How much off MSRP?

How much could or should one expect to get a dealer to move off MSRP? I know it sounds crazy to think a dealer should or could move but at today's prices maybe not. For me it is not sticker shock but sticker dead. In 1995 I haggled with a dealer on a 96 model because I thought it was just crazy to spend 15k or more on a work truck. Seriously over 56k for a truck, I'd be wondering where to start haggling. Is there really a truck for the average man that is worth it's weight in gold because that's what the dealers might as well be asking "hey man! if you can bring me a load of gold I could let you take one of these Beauts home. Well truth be told now I really like the Platinum minus the platinum lettering down the side of the bed and put a little cash to hold one for me while I do some figuring away from the smokehouse. I am prepared to walk away from my cash if he won't do a better towards meeting me in the middle so to speak. I know who in there right mind would pay these prices but hey I worked my tail off raising my family and haggled to save to provide and figure I don't have to buy the cheapest no frills truck anymore. So what do you think? What is a realistic # or % he should be willing to take or move off MSRP ?
Old 03-14-2015, 03:00 PM

Received 461 Likes on 310 Posts

Ask to see the invoice and decide from there. Xplan is a decent deal with no fees hiding. I did 500 under invoice. And the dealer got hold back and I financed through them for 1 month.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:21 AM
Top Gun

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

There's more haggle room on a diesel compared to a gasser aswell
Old 03-15-2015, 11:45 AM

Received 166 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by jcain
...and I financed through them for 1 month.
I realize that adds the additional factory discount for "Ford Credit Retail Bonus Customer Cash" ($1K), but doesn't this end up costing you more in the long run? Meaning you finance through Ford Credit at a higher APR in order to get the cash discount off the MSRP, but then when you head over to your local credit union to refinance at a lower rate you're now up against "used car" APR rates which are typically higher then "new car" rates you could have obtained in the first place. Maybe I'm not considering something. Do you have any feedback on how to take advantage of this offer without getting screwed?
Old 03-15-2015, 01:35 PM

Well I've checked a few sites for average Invoice pricing on the specific models (TrueCar, Edmunds) these are showing invoices at 50k. If these sources are to be trusted then my deal is not so bad but before signing any deal I will have a friendly discussion with them. As it is they need to throw a bone my way ( bedmate, rain guards, tint) something just to sweeten the deal my way a bit because I believe they could have shown some loyalty for a returning customer.

They only way dealer financing works for the customer is if APR is low 0.0-2.9% unless the customer has marginal credit and would be just happy to get a deal. The 1k discount is a losing deal over the life of the note financed out 60-72 months, any deal like this is a bad deal and they should keep their vehicles.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Deleted post.

Last edited by BB-F150; 03-16-2015 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Repeat info from others
Old 03-16-2015, 10:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xcntrk
I realize that adds the additional factory discount for "Ford Credit Retail Bonus Customer Cash" ($1K), but doesn't this end up costing you more in the long run? Meaning you finance through Ford Credit at a higher APR in order to get the cash discount off the MSRP, but then when you head over to your local credit union to refinance at a lower rate you're now up against "used car" APR rates which are typically higher then "new car" rates you could have obtained in the first place. Maybe I'm not considering something. Do you have any feedback on how to take advantage of this offer without getting screwed?

Believe it or not Ford Motor Credit gave me the best rate on mine. I was shocked as usually my credit union is the lowest of all.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:53 AM
Senior Member/Vietnam Vet

Received 539 Likes on 369 Posts

I went with the Costco Auto Plan on my F350 XLT PSD SRW. I also told the sales guy that I needed $8K off to make it happen. My online research showed only the $1000 Ford Credit incentive. I think the Costco deal gave me about $3600 off, the dealer took another $400 off and found $4K in incentives and agreed to lock them in. So in 15 minutes, we had a deal with no haggling. Could I have gotten more? No idea, but I was happy. When we close next week, they will try to push the ESP, but I will decline it then as it is not needed for 36 months. I've already researched that and can get a better deal on it elsewhere but will give the dealer a chance to work with me.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by BamaBoy48
Believe it or not Ford Motor Credit gave me the best rate on mine. I was shocked as usually my credit union is the lowest of all.
Your comment of getting best rate is relative to only you as rates are based on ones own credit score, meaning your best rate could be 4% and mine best rate could be 8 % if my credit is terrible and yours excellent. I would like to add that the more I educate myself to insure I get the best deal I possibly can the more I find the dealers have trick after trick to confuse you. For instance FMC is giving 1.9% for 48 months unless you take the 1000.00 incentive which at that point the interest becomes 3.8% regardless of term of loan as long as your a tier one customer ( highest credit score) the difference of that 1000.00 dollar incentive and the interest rate is 488.00 dollars over the life of the 48 mo loan. It would be better give back the incentive and take the lower interest rate. The aggravating thing is that the dealers won't tell you this and I believe they should have to disclose it or it's deceptive.

So did the dealer really give you the best rate over your credit union it's all in the math my guess is they didn't.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:54 AM

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by xcntrk

I plan on doing this with my next new truck once I decide between a F150 with the heavy duty payload pkg or an SD. The trick here for me and probably others is having a credit union or other credit source (for me the 2 are PenFed and USAA) that will give you the loan at new car rates. Both of those I mentioned will do this if you explain that you took the Ford loan for the rebate and then agree to immediately refi the loan.

Quick Reply: 2015 F250 SD Platinum How much off MSRP?