Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 01-21-2015, 11:11 AM   #1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default video game - World of Tanks

Does anyone on here play this highly addictive game on PC or Xbox?

I have not played a game this much since being a kid decades ago. If you have not tried it, but enjoy blowing up things then I suggest you give it a go. For me it all started six months ago when a few grown *** men at work started talking about playing it on Xbox. It's all I heard about everyday. I found it hilarious they wasted 3-4 hours a night playing a stupid video game. I never thought that would be me, but I finally downloaded it on PC last week and apparently I have nothing better to do. I think I've played this game as much if not more than I have slept in a week lol.

The game has been around a couple of years now and does not seem to be going away anytime soon. There seems to be players ranging in age from 10 to 60 years old and on every continent.

The game sounds fairly simple cause you select a tank from one of six nations, join a battle, try to spot and kill other tanks, or capture the flag all while not being blown to shreds, but it's actually complex cause different equipment and crews come into play. Within each nation you also need to decide what line of tanks you want to purchase as you progress through the tiers. On PC there are roughly 30 different maps/terrains to battle on and you get different starting points each time.

I didn't consider myself a gamer..until now, so if you play or at all interested in trying the game out let me know. I had help getting pointed in the right direction from a few experienced people and could pass along my info.

Carbon Fiber Vinyl
Black07Lariat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:10 PM   #2

I do, or more so... did, for a long time on the 360 (Was hoping for a XBOX One port).
I kind of fell away from it but it was fun.... despite rarely finding a group that would work together as oposed to simply individuals running across the battlefield and shooting all they can.

The game tends to promote the lone wolf (More points for killing than supporting or tactics).

Given that... I will say again.. it was/is a fun game and I easily found myself killing a lot of time playing it. I never did pay for any of the upgrades either.
ABN Panzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:41 PM   #3
FX4RoadWarrior

My playing has gone as far as the playable ad on YouTube, but now you got me interested I play Ps4 games but I'll try this LOL.
Appearance Package
6'5" Box, Linex
tanked_darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABN Panzer View Post
I do, or more so... did, for a long time on the 360 (Was hoping for a XBOX One port).
I kind of fell away from it but it was fun.... despite rarely finding a group that would work together as oposed to simply individuals running across the battlefield and shooting all they can.

The game tends to promote the lone wolf (More points for killing than supporting or tactics).

Given that... I will say again.. it was/is a fun game and I easily found myself killing a lot of time playing it. I never did pay for any of the upgrades either.

I've come across a handful of guys that played 2 years ago and have come back..that says something. Maybe you'll get back into it.

I agree with you about the lone wolf comment and don't care for that either cause I feel both aspects of the game are as important. I've noticed a lot of guys knocking the light tanks, but if not for lights scouting then they other machines would probably get eaten alive.

I'd like to find a platoon to play with so I'm not solo all the time. I've got on a handful of good public team battles, but definitely more on the completely unorganized side. My win ratio continues to dwindle lol.

Ya I'm not into paying either, so trying to avoid that. I know the guys at work have dropped $50+ on premium tanks. I'm against that, but since the game was free I would justify it as if you paid $50 for the game in a store. It's nice to be able to support the game company.

Carbon Fiber Vinyl
Old 01-22-2015, 12:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanked_darren View Post
My playing has gone as far as the playable ad on YouTube, but now you got me interested I play Ps4 games but I'll try this LOL.
I have a PS3 and everything I read said "Wargaming" the manufacturer of World of Tanks had no plan to release on PS3, so I got it on PC. There my be talk of it on PS4 though.

Good luck if you give it a try on PC let me know what you think.

Carbon Fiber Vinyl
Old 01-22-2015, 02:09 PM   #6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black07Lariat View Post
Does anyone on here play this highly addictive game on PC or Xbox?

I have not played a game this much since being a kid decades ago. If you have not tried it, but enjoy blowing up things then I suggest you give it a go. For me it all started six months ago when a few grown *** men at work started talking about playing it on Xbox. It's all I heard about everyday. I found it hilarious they wasted 3-4 hours a night playing a stupid video game. I never thought that would be me, but I finally downloaded it on PC last week and apparently I have nothing better to do. I think I've played this game as much if not more than I have slept in a week lol.

The game has been around a couple of years now and does not seem to be going away anytime soon. There seems to be players ranging in age from 10 to 60 years old and on every continent.

The game sounds fairly simple cause you select a tank from one of six nations, join a battle, try to spot and kill other tanks, or capture the flag all while not being blown to shreds, but it's actually complex cause different equipment and crews come into play. Within each nation you also need to decide what line of tanks you want to purchase as you progress through the tiers. On PC there are roughly 30 different maps/terrains to battle on and you get different starting points each time.

I didn't consider myself a gamer..until now, so if you play or at all interested in trying the game out let me know. I had help getting pointed in the right direction from a few experienced people and could pass along my info.
I did up until about a year ago. Had a teammate in a random ramming me and knocked out half my armor. I tracked him than rammed back and got a ban. I decided that was bull and didn't play again.
06redlongbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 02:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06redlongbed View Post
I did up until about a year ago. Had a teammate in a random ramming me and knocked out half my armor. I tracked him than rammed back and got a ban. I decided that was bull and didn't play again.
That really sucks. I know what you mean though I've seen it happen, had it happen to me, and heard others complain about it. Messed up that you got a ban for it..first I'm hearing that harsh of punishment. Hope you come out of retirement some day. If so look me up.

Carbon Fiber Vinyl
Old 01-22-2015, 04:55 PM   #8
Fleet Technician

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Thanked 1,412 Times in 1,117 Posts

Major gamer here from back in the day, think Monster truck madness on Microsoft's game zone, late 90's early 2000's, almost won a Toyota Tundra in an online tournament, was brand new and Toyota's first full size truck, the T-100 was midsized.

Anywho of all people to win and I had raced him many times and didn't know him by anything other than his screen name but Hank Williams Jr son, real kewl dude but common like he needed to win anything lol. He probably could have bought a hundred of them.

Enough rambling or reminiscing,.... I have seen that tank game advertised and thought about it but time is so limited these days, maybe after I retire in 18 years.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:12 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnlcomp View Post
Major gamer here from back in the day, think Monster truck madness on Microsoft's game zone, late 90's early 2000's, almost won a Toyota Tundra in an online tournament, was brand new and Toyota's first full size truck, the T-100 was midsized.

Anywho of all people to win and I had raced him many times and didn't know him by anything other than his screen name but Hank Williams Jr son, real kewl dude but common like he needed to win anything lol. He probably could have bought a hundred of them.

Enough rambling or reminiscing,.... I have seen that tank game advertised and thought about it but time is so limited these days, maybe after I retire in 18 years.
That's a pretty interesting and funny story. I remember that game cause I played it a few times.

Well if you play the tank game in the next year...way before you retire look me up IMTHENUMBERONEGUNNER and Clan I'm in is [ORYX].

Carbon Fiber Vinyl
Old 01-23-2015, 11:16 AM   #10

If any of you guys decide to join search for startup or new member codes first. Or let me know and I'll point you in the right direction. I didn't know they existed, but it will give you gold or even a tank which both will cost real money in the game otherwise. Codes only available for new accounts prior to having played. Kind of a nice little starting bonus.

Carbon Fiber Vinyl
Old 01-23-2015, 11:16 AM