Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #12821
Senior Douchebag
 
lariut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Reeferside
Posts: 2,103
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 51 Times in 29 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejasandre View Post
wait! what side of this oppression thing are you on?
Although the internet likes to portray Leo's as gun grabbing jack booted thugs,most Leo's are very pro gun because we see what the reality of "gun control" does out on the streets and are firm believers in upholding the Constitution.
__________________
2013 blue jeans lariat/ecoboost/157/3.73
2005 pontiac gto twin turbo 600+ rwhp
lariut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #12822
SilverBullet
 
LaBalaDePlata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Odessa, Texas, 432
Posts: 7,336
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Thanks: 87
Thanked 97 Times in 89 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Default

Id like to openly carry, but id rather not people know i an armed, especially an attacker
__________________
MY BUILD THREAD!!:
http://www.f150forum.com/f78/thesilv...thread-221547/
LaBalaDePlata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #12823
Senior Douchebag
 
lariut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Reeferside
Posts: 2,103
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 51 Times in 29 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBalaDePlata View Post
Id like to openly carry, but id rather not people know i an armed, especially an attacker
Not a fan of open carry for tactical reasons. Element of surprise and gun retention are two huge ones. A large number of cops who are trained in weapon retention techniques get killed with their own gun every year.

It has its place out in the wilderness hunting and shooting but in the day to day grind it's more of a hindrance.
__________________
2013 blue jeans lariat/ecoboost/157/3.73
2005 pontiac gto twin turbo 600+ rwhp
lariut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #12824
SilverBullet
 
LaBalaDePlata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Odessa, Texas, 432
Posts: 7,336
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Thanks: 87
Thanked 97 Times in 89 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Default

All about the element of surprise.
__________________
MY BUILD THREAD!!:
http://www.f150forum.com/f78/thesilv...thread-221547/
LaBalaDePlata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #12825
Senior Member
 
volsbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SW Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 9,024
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanks: 32
Thanked 52 Times in 49 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lariut View Post

Not a fan of open carry for tactical reasons. Element of surprise and gun retention are two huge ones. A large number of cops who are trained in weapon retention techniques get killed with their own gun every year.

It has its place out in the wilderness hunting and shooting but in the day to day grind it's more of a hindrance.
Yeah I support it philosophically but I'm not a fan. Not out in the general public.
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #12826
SilverBullet
 
LaBalaDePlata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Odessa, Texas, 432
Posts: 7,336
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Thanks: 87
Thanked 97 Times in 89 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Default

I reminded myself of this scene:

__________________
MY BUILD THREAD!!:
http://www.f150forum.com/f78/thesilv...thread-221547/
LaBalaDePlata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #12827
Senior Member
 
muffins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 491
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lariut View Post
Although the internet likes to portray Leo's as gun grabbing jack booted thugs,most Leo's are very pro gun because we see what the reality of "gun control" does out on the streets and are firm believers in upholding the Constitution.
It's sad that that is how people form their opinion on people nowadays. They watch some YouTube video of some cop getting set up to look like a ***** and all of a sudden we're these bullies who go around harassing everyone and have our weapons half out of the holster every traffic stop.

There have been plenty of times, especially because I work in the sticks, where I wouldn't have minded an extra gun at my call. Had to do a building search with me and one other officer for a 2 story with basement house. If a law abiding citizen had a gun watching the back door it would have at least put my mind at ease about him...the key holder and his wife were outside waiting for us to clear, and the possible burg suspect could run out and take aim at the key holders outside.

Anyways my point is people think us LEOs want less guns but for me it's more guns is fine just get the proper training. Don't get me wrong there have been plenty of instances where I wonder how this person was even allowed to handle a firearm...
muffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #12828
Senior Member
 
rbrais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 2,716
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Thanks: 45
Thanked 86 Times in 81 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBalaDePlata View Post
All about the element of surprise.
I feel the same way. Nobody has to know but me. It's just easier that way. Plus if someone walks into a store, intent on robbing it, and there you are with an open carry.....guess who just became the first target.

Criminals never expect victims to be armed, and that is an advantage.
__________________
6" BDS Lift, Fox Shocks, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 18" KMC XD Spys, Westin Bull Bar w/ Rigid 20" LED bar, Magnaflow 1-into-2 out the back, K&N Cold Air Intake, Rugged Cover tri-fold, SCT X3 with 5-Star Tunes.
Build thread:
http://www.f150forum.com/f6/02-super-crew-build-108367/
rbrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #12829
Senior Member
 
volsbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SW Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 9,024
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanks: 32
Thanked 52 Times in 49 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffins View Post

It's sad that that is how people form their opinion on people nowadays. They watch some YouTube video of some cop getting set up to look like a ***** and all of a sudden we're these bullies who go around harassing everyone and have our weapons half out of the holster every traffic stop.

There have been plenty of times, especially because I work in the sticks, where I wouldn't have minded an extra gun at my call. Had to do a building search with me and one other officer for a 2 story with basement house. If a law abiding citizen had a gun watching the back door it would have at least put my mind at ease about him...the key holder and his wife were outside waiting for us to clear, and the possible burg suspect could run out and take aim at the key holders outside.

Anyways my point is people think us LEOs want less guns but for me it's more guns is fine just get the proper training. Don't get me wrong there have been plenty of instances where I wonder how this person was even allowed to handle a firearm...
Truth.

The same people who always meant us harm still do. And the good folks still don't - armed or not.
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #12830
2004 FX4 Scab
 
Sparkie04FX4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 750
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 10
Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanch4Life View Post
Why now?? Or are you just really anxious to walk around with something on your hip?
sorry to get back so late. but as someone stated, it is our first time with the ccw laws. just excited to finally join the other 49 states.
__________________

~ 3" HBS Level ~ 1.5" Skyjacker AAL ~ Tinted Tails ~ 35x12.50 Nitto Trails ~ Edge Evo Tuner ~ Flowmaster Super 44 Duals ~ 5% Tints ~ Hawks Ceramic Pads ~ Drilled/Slotted Rotors ~ Pioneer Avh-x8500bhs ~ Alpine Type-S 5x7 ~ Alpine Power Pack ~ 2x 12" Kicker CompRT Subs ~ Kicker CX 1200.1 ~
Sparkie04FX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:17 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BS thread/ Chat room thread Just call me Sean Off-Topic 598 11-21-2012 10:03 AM
Official thread to delete "No more Fords for me" thread 4GreenFords 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 45 04-06-2011 04:20 PM
Not another oil thread---seriously HiOffcr General F150 Discussion 1 10-18-2010 11:18 PM
unofficial simple survey on SYNC KevinR 2009 - Present Ford F150 9 12-30-2009 10:12 AM
FAQ Thread? SuperDave Suggestions, Comments & Questions 2 07-25-2008 10:36 AM

Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.