Top Tier Gasoline - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic

Top Tier Gasoline

Old 07-07-2016, 09:35 AM   #1
Gone Golfin

Default Top Tier Gasoline

There has been a lot of debate about different Gas. This post is just intended as information. It is the contention that gas that is not a Top Tier gas can leave up to 18X's the deposits in your engine and rob you of performance and mileage. (According to this link) What's in your Engine?

http://www.toptiergas.com/deposit-control/

Gasoline retailers must meet the high TOP TIER standards with all grades of gasoline to be approved by the automakers as providing TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline.
In addition, all gasoline outlets carrying the brand of the approved retailer must meet the TOP TIER standards.
Additional gasoline retailers are added to the TOP TIER list as they meet the standards. The retailers known to be on the TOP TIER list are shown below

TOP TIER Licensed Retail Brands 76 Aloha Petroleum Amoco ARCO Beacon BP Break Time Cenex Chevron CITGO Conoco Co-op Costco CountryMark CountryMark Plus Diamond Shamrock Entec Esso Express Exxon Holiday Kwik Star Stores Kwik Trip Mahalo MFA Mobil Ohana Fuels Petro-Canada Phillips 66 PUMA QT Quik Trip Road Ranger Shamrock Shell Shell (Puerto Rico) Shell V-Power Shell V-Power NiTRO+ Sinclair Standard SuperAmerica SuperFuels Tempo Texaco Tri-Par
TOP TIER Licensed Companies Aloha Petroleum Ltd BP Products North America Inc. Chevron Products Co. CHS Inc. CITGO ConocoPhillips Costco Wholesale Corp. CountryMark Cooperative LLP Entec Stations Inc. ExxonMobil Oil Corp. Federated Co-operatives Ltd. Hawaii Petroleum Holiday Stationstores, Inc. Imperial Oil Ltd. Kwik Trip Inc. MFA Oil Company Northern Tier Energy, LLC (NTE) PUMA Energy Caribe, LLC QuikTrip Corp. Road Ranger LLC Shell Oil Products US Sinclair Oil Corp. SOL Puerto Rico Ltd Suncor Energy Inc. Tesoro Refining & Marketing Co. Tri-Par Oil Company U.S. Venture Inc. Valero Marketing & Supply Co.

Last edited by idrive; 07-07-2016 at 12:22 PM.
idrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Join F150 Forum

Join F150Forum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford F150 fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford F150 Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Ford F150 fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your F150 you'll find that F150Forum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join F150Forum.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

-->
Old 07-07-2016, 09:43 AM   #2

Great post, good information... But I am partial to Shell V-Power myself.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:38 AM   #3
5 Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATXAg View Post
Great post, good information... But I am partial to Shell V-Power myself.
Shell stations in my area only have the V-Power Nitrogen Enriched sticker on the 93 octane pump. I wonder if the 87 and 89 have the same additive?
2013 Platinum 4x4.. Ingot Silver with Pecan leather..Ecoboost engine with 3.31 E-lock...Huskyliner's front and rear...F150 bed mat...BakFlip VP cover...Toyo P275x60x20 AT2's..Bilstein 5100 shocks...tinted fronts..Boost Bar to match upper grille.
PawPaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:21 PM   #4
Gone Golfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawPaw View Post
Shell stations in my area only have the V-Power Nitrogen Enriched sticker on the 93 octane pump. I wonder if the 87 and 89 have the same additive?
While I don't know the answer to that, I have to assume it does because they are certified as a "Top Tier" brand all octanes must meet this criteria.

If not the same additive at least something that brings into spec as a Top Tier.

idrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:11 PM   #5
5 Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrive View Post
While I don't know the answer to that, I have to assume it does because they are certified as a "Top Tier" brand all octanes must meet this criteria.

If not the same additive at least something that brings into spec as a Top Tier.
Shell gasoline in my area is brewed at the Motiva refineries. They supply fuel to many different distributors who add their own additive at the loading racks. The end result is hoping the tanker truck driver dumps the right product into the right tank or tanks. I doubt if any samples are taken at the locations after they dump fuel so a question of quality assurance can be brought up. This is mainly for the common carrier drivers who may not be familiar with the stations storage tanks.
2013 Platinum 4x4.. Ingot Silver with Pecan leather..Ecoboost engine with 3.31 E-lock...Huskyliner's front and rear...F150 bed mat...BakFlip VP cover...Toyo P275x60x20 AT2's..Bilstein 5100 shocks...tinted fronts..Boost Bar to match upper grille.
PawPaw is offline   Reply With Quote