Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2014, 11:52 PM   #182511
KBS
Senior Member
 
KBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 16,110
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Thanks: 18
Thanked 199 Times in 155 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpatiolantern View Post

I grew up in Sudbury, Ontario so once we got our licenses we'd spend weekends in Toronto. Visiting high end dealers was always a treat. Most would let us walk around and inspect the vehicles, but I believe a few wouldn't let us on the property. It was still quite the experience. I have always loved cars, so any dealership is a cool experience, but exotics are always pretty great to check out. I guess Calgary is the only place to find the real high end equipment in Alberta.
That's one thing I like about Vancouver. Theres one section of downtown that is all exotic dealers. The ferrari dealer is really cool. They have cars on display in the window 3 stories high but they look like they are sitting on shelves. I believe it is an elevator system.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBS View Post
Is it weird that I'm craving nuts now? I love nuts. Have em erryday. Small little salty ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpatiolantern View Post
Every situation is a sticky situation......Thats what his initial stand for;

Klimate
Be
Sticky
KBS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:55 PM   #182512
Batteries Not Included
 
sgtpatiolantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 14,428
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Thanks: 91
Thanked 284 Times in 183 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to sgtpatiolantern
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBS View Post
That's one thing I like about Vancouver. Theres one section of downtown that is all exotic dealers. The ferrari dealer is really cool. They have cars on display in the window 3 stories high but they look like they are sitting on shelves. I believe it is an elevator system.
Sweet. If I'm not mistaken there are a few dealers in Calgary like that. You can see them from the highway. Kinda neat how they are laid out.
__________________
2013 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4
Navigation/Moonroof/Sony Sound System/My Ford Touch/Leather/Tuxedo Black/5.0 liter engine

100% Canadian Content!
sgtpatiolantern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:00 AM   #182513
KBS
Senior Member
 
KBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 16,110
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Thanks: 18
Thanked 199 Times in 155 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpatiolantern View Post

Sweet. If I'm not mistaken there are a few dealers in Calgary like that. You can see them from the highway. Kinda neat how they are laid out.
Is that in downtown Calgary? I really like it there. It's like a mini Vancouver. Just a lot cleaner and freindlier lol.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBS View Post
Is it weird that I'm craving nuts now? I love nuts. Have em erryday. Small little salty ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpatiolantern View Post
Every situation is a sticky situation......Thats what his initial stand for;

Klimate
Be
Sticky
KBS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:04 AM   #182514
Batteries Not Included
 
sgtpatiolantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 14,428
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Thanks: 91
Thanked 284 Times in 183 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to sgtpatiolantern
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBS View Post
Is that in downtown Calgary? I really like it there. It's like a mini Vancouver. Just a lot cleaner and freindlier lol.
No. These would be right off the Deerfoot. South end of the city. Eric would probably know more about them.

Vancouver isn't friendly? My sister was there late August and said everyone was so nice and helpful. Perhaps they are nicer to tourists than locals?
__________________
2013 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4
Navigation/Moonroof/Sony Sound System/My Ford Touch/Leather/Tuxedo Black/5.0 liter engine

100% Canadian Content!
sgtpatiolantern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:11 AM   #182515
KBS
Senior Member
 
KBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 16,110
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Thanks: 18
Thanked 199 Times in 155 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpatiolantern View Post

No. These would be right off the Deerfoot. South end of the city. Eric would probably know more about them.

Vancouver isn't friendly? My sister was there late August and said everyone was so nice and helpful. Perhaps they are nicer to tourists than locals?
Depends which part of the city. The tourist spots and restaurants are friendly but most of the people are quite stuck up. When I went to Alberta I found everyone to be ridiculously friendly. But that was a long time ago.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBS View Post
Is it weird that I'm craving nuts now? I love nuts. Have em erryday. Small little salty ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpatiolantern View Post
Every situation is a sticky situation......Thats what his initial stand for;

Klimate
Be
Sticky
KBS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:11 AM   #182516
Member
 
goneFXcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 6,545
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Thanks: 125
Thanked 417 Times in 359 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpatiolantern View Post
I grew up in Sudbury, Ontario so once we got our licenses we'd spend weekends in Toronto. Visiting high end dealers was always a treat. Most would let us walk around and inspect the vehicles, but I believe a few wouldn't let us on the property. It was still quite the experience. I have always loved cars, so any dealership is a cool experience, but exotics are always pretty great to check out. I guess Calgary is the only place to find the real high end equipment in Alberta.
Sounds like fun!

Well Edmonton is truck central from what I hear so there's gotta some nice rigs up there at least?


Quote:
Originally Posted by KBS View Post
That's one thing I like about Vancouver. Theres one section of downtown that is all exotic dealers. The ferrari dealer is really cool. They have cars on display in the window 3 stories high but they look like they are sitting on shelves. I believe it is an elevator system.
I think I remember the area you're talking about. Stopped at the Porsche dealer once with one of my dad's friends.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpatiolantern View Post
No. These would be right off the Deerfoot. South end of the city. Eric would probably know more about them.

Vancouver isn't friendly? My sister was there late August and said everyone was so nice and helpful. Perhaps they are nicer to tourists than locals?


There's a new place in downtown under construction called the Concorde, seems to be some kind of uber-high end condo development with a strong focus on the automotive. Special garages and stuff I think. Info on the site is pretty limited... http://www.theconcord.ca/

My parents have never had a really bad experience in Van, still one of their favorite places.
__________________
2013 F-150 FX4 EcoScrew Ruby Red "The Red Bull" Click here for Build Thread Items For Sale: Nothing for now, stay tuned! Email me
goneFXcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:13 AM   #182517
Member
 
goneFXcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 6,545
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Thanks: 125
Thanked 417 Times in 359 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBS View Post
Depends which part of the city. The tourist spots and restaurants are friendly but most of the people are quite stuck up. When I went to Alberta I found everyone to be ridiculously friendly. But that was a long time ago.
When I was there I was not impressed with the quality of some people. Seems like no one gives a ****.

There was this one douche especially, his name was Eric. We met for a beer and all he did was talk my ear off about stuff I couldn't care less about......
__________________
2013 F-150 FX4 EcoScrew Ruby Red "The Red Bull" Click here for Build Thread Items For Sale: Nothing for now, stay tuned! Email me
goneFXcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:13 AM   #182518
Batteries Not Included
 
sgtpatiolantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 14,428
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Thanks: 91
Thanked 284 Times in 183 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to sgtpatiolantern
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goneFXcrazy View Post
Sounds like fun! Well Edmonton is truck central from what I hear so there's gotta some nice rigs up there at least? I think I remember the area you're talking about. Stopped at the Porsche dealer once with one of my dad's friends. There's a new place in downtown under construction called the Concorde, seems to be some kind of uber-high end condo development with a strong focus on the automotive. Special garages and stuff I think. Info on the site is pretty limited... http://www.theconcord.ca/ My parents have never had a really bad experience in Van, still one of their favorite places.
Yeah. Some crazy units around Calgary AND Edmonton. Oil money in motion! Lol!
__________________
2013 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4
Navigation/Moonroof/Sony Sound System/My Ford Touch/Leather/Tuxedo Black/5.0 liter engine

100% Canadian Content!
sgtpatiolantern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:15 AM   #182519
Member
 
goneFXcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 6,545
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Thanks: 125
Thanked 417 Times in 359 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBS View Post
Depends which part of the city. The tourist spots and restaurants are friendly but most of the people are quite stuck up. When I went to Alberta I found everyone to be ridiculously friendly. But that was a long time ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpatiolantern View Post
Yeah. Some crazy units around Calgary AND Edmonton. Oil money in motion! Lol!
Don't I know it. My dad just signed off on a $15 BILLION contract. Now he's working on the pipeline going over the rockies. Looks to be an even bigger $$$ amount than his last... NUTS.
__________________
2013 F-150 FX4 EcoScrew Ruby Red "The Red Bull" Click here for Build Thread Items For Sale: Nothing for now, stay tuned! Email me
goneFXcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:17 AM   #182520
Meaner than Ymeski
5 Year Member
 
bobkyle2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 22,710
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Thanks: 430
Thanked 713 Times in 425 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Sunt of a beach.... I love you, gimmie moneys?
__________________

Click Here for instructions on uploading pics!
My 08F150's life
My Chevy K5 build thread.
bobkyle2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:17 AM
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
4 dates/this is the one!, boo the **** hoo!, burns when i pee, custom poop pants, fml!, going nite-nite, hate my boss, heard thunder...peed self, i can't stop posting!, i just farted!, i need to fart!, i'm hungry, jacob edited this haha, look what i'm eating, need to get a life, newfie lives!, p-wupped, panties in a bunch, preferred shaver, puppy jumping, really really gay, sister is mean to me, too short/tall/fat/skinny, tummy hurts...must poop, wear my big boy pant's

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.