Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Quote of the Decade

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006
Old 10-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #2

I'm really sick of liberals blaming it all on Bush. Obama has been in office almost a full term, it is time for some accountability. That being said, I'm going to take the time to educate you.

The day the democrats took over was not January 22, 2009, it was actually January 3, 2007. On that day, the Democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate at the very start of the 110th Congress. The Democratic Party now controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.

For those who are listening to the liberals propagating the
fallacy that everything is "Bush's Fault", think about this:
January 3rd, 2007 was the day the Democrats took over the
Senate and the Congress. At the time:
-The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77
-The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%
-The Unemployment rate was 4.6%
-George Bush's Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB GROWTH

Remember the day...

January 3, 2007 was the day that Barney Frank took over the
House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee. The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy?
BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES!

5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans were dumped on the economy from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac FIASCOES! Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie starting in 2001 because it was financially risky for the US economy.

Who took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND
Freddie Mac? OBAMA!

Who fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie?
OBAMA and the Democratic Congress!

So when someone tries to blame Bush, REMEMBER JANUARY 3, 2007: THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!

Budgets do not come from the White House, they come from
Congress. The party that controlled Congress since January
2007 is the Democrat Party. Furthermore, the Democrats controlled the budget process for 2008 & 2009 as well as 2010 & 2011.

As a side note please keep in mind that while the budget does not come from the White House the president does possess the power to step in. Furthermore, keep in mind that under George Bush, there was a federal budget. Under Obama we have gone 44 months WITHOUT a federal budget and the government has been within minutes of shutting down at least three times in the past three and a half years.

In that first year, they had to contend with George Bush, which caused them to compromise on spending, when Bush somewhat belatedly got tough on spending increases.

For 2009 though, Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid bypassed George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolutions to keep government running until Barack Obama could take office. At that time, they passed a massive omnibus spending bill to complete the 2009 budgets.

So you might find yourself asking, where was Barack Obama during this time? He was a member of that very Congress that passed all of these massive spending bills, and he signed the omnibus bill as President to complete 2009.

If the democrats inherited any deficit, it was the 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control
of spending, and that includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets.

If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself. In
a nutshell, what Obama is saying is "I inherited a deficit that I
voted for and then I voted to expand that deficit four-fold
since January 20, but let's all blame it on George Buch because I know that you, the American people, are not smart enough to realize my deception" (insert evil laugh here).
Old 10-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050
5 Year Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

In all honesty folks, that's what we have a political thread for. Lets keep all political related stuff solely there. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchi Motorsports
In all honesty folks, that's what we have a political thread for. Lets keep all political related stuff solely there. Thanks!
I thought the political thread i was viewing before was locked but i was mistaken so thats why i made a new post. Sorry! Feel free to delete this thread!

Last edited by JBLifted06F150; 10-16-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:31 PM

Closed Thread