Poor customer Service at advanced auto parts - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic

Poor customer Service at advanced auto parts

Old Yesterday, 03:14 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Poor customer Service at advanced auto parts

I went to return,a wheel hub today at Advance Auto parts today,I explained to the cashier I bought it thinking it was a problem with my truck that I was having,and after a mechanic friend of mine told me what the problem was I no longer needed the part,I lost my wallet that has the receipt and so on,the manager then said like in a haha attitude well if he doesn't have his recipt then he can't get cash back ,he can only have a gift card,I said ok that is fine I will be making other purchases,then it was like it irritated her I was fine with the store credit,and she said oh he lost his wallet so he didn't show an ID either,the cashier said well no but he has is bank card he bought it with,she said nope we can't refund with out an I.D. I said ok that's fine I have a Military I.D. a V.A. Issued Veterans ID in my truck I'll grab it,she said no those don't count as identification.However since I have been going to advance for parts for as long as I've been working on Vehicles I already knew that it was accepted and I
told her not being rude that I've read on their website Military I.D. was acceptable,and she said no
I can't accept it as an ID it wasn't state issued ..I then pulled out my cell and pulled up the web site showed her the Policy,and she still in her haha attitude said I can't accept it.Then I got upset and i said are you being f#$%& serious ,I'm just supposed to take this wheel hub home I don't.She said no,Call one of your buddies and have them return it for you,but don't tell anyone I allowed it...I walk out call my father in law he comes from his jobsite,30min away and shows his ID,and she accepted and as she is refunding the purchase says almost accusing"We always have people stealing,things and try and return them" ...I called the cooperate number and filed a complaint,and was given a apology and a coupon for 20.0 off a purchase over 40.0 ...Not only was the manager a.....yeah ill keep it appropriate,but she made me feel like my service was like she said the id was invalid,and that I was just a common thief.Sorry 20.00 off coupon doesn't help that.Ill never spend another dime in Advance
Marine CPL. is online now   Reply With Quote
Join F150 Forum

Join F150Forum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford F150 fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford F150 Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Ford F150 fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your F150 you'll find that F150Forum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join F150Forum.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

-->
Old Yesterday, 11:32 PM   #2
Wondering Around

Probably a Liberal that doesn't like Military. I wouldn't do business with asshats like that. Thanks for your service.
Old Yesterday, 11:53 PM   #3

Thank you,It was a honor and privilege
Marine CPL. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:06 AM   #4
vertical pin buster

Default Poor customer Service at advanced auto parts

I worker at a advanced auto for about 3 months and it was horrible.. they have the worse policy's I've ever came accross. My boss. The store manager had never turned a wrench on a car a day in her life. But got her job because she kissed ***. I got a wrote up for telling customers how to fix broke parts rather then buying a new part when it was possible. And wrote up again for using the cross reference book rather then the computer and was told that was for looks more then anything. And fired because I didn't push higher end parts and bought my parts from auto zone. I try to absolutely avoiding advanced at all cost.
Johnboy429bbf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:02 AM   #5
Trust your Technolust

I was a Manager for Advance Auto while I was in college. Your military ID does nothing for their ID validation/check system when their PC scans the card like a credit card. You wouldn't want them to be able to read it anyway since it has your Social and other personal service and ESRB data. It might be a valid federal ID but it does not jive with a Private companies system. Do you understand the work and resources it would entail to create a system that could read every valid Federal ID? Not that the DOD would allow such a thing. People can get mad all they want but it's Company policy, not a store policy or attitude.

Advance has always had a HUGE problem with store theft and returning items for cash or discount. When they scan the ID it logs the name in their database. The fact that the DM or corporate gave you a gift card for your misunderstanding was generous.

JOhnboy429bbf, I can guarantee you didn't get fired for those reasons. Also, you don't have to turn a wrench to run a business. ..even an auto parts business. Since it's a corporate controlled company they have strict Hiring an firing guidelines for employees even if it's a right to work state. The reasons you listed will not get anyone fired. The cross reference books are not for looks and are used every single day I worked for advance at every store I had ever been too. Your story doesn't pass the sniff test.

Le prixs'oublie, la qualité reste

OVERLANDING F-150 Build
"If you can't prove you have the mods you say you have, shut up." -Henry Ford

Last edited by Wolvee; Today at 03:17 AM.
Wolvee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:02 AM