Official Gun Thread - Page 1232 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic
Log In 


Official Gun Thread

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #12311
Senior Member
 
greensock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 747
Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Thanks for that opinion.

Touching holes at 500+! That's pretty incredible if it happened often.
__________________
2012 SCrew FX4, EcoBoost, Blue Flame Metallic, 6" Pro Comp Lift, 35x12.5 Pro Comp Xtreme AT, 20x10 KMC Spy wheels, Nfab bumper, 30" KC LED bar
greensock is offline   Reply With Quote
Join F150 Forum

Join F150Forum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford F150 fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford F150 Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Ford F150 fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your F150 you'll find that F150Forum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join F150Forum.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE


-->
Old 11-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #12312
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
ABN Panzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Some random Drop Zone on FT Bragg
Posts: 1,596
Thanked 81 Times in 61 Posts
Default

It doesn't allways... His eyesight aint what it used to be. But he's done it enough it is more than coincidence.


When I visit my folks in DEC I'll see if I cant drag him out to a range and get a few pics.
ABN Panzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #12313
SilverBullet
iTrader: (3)
 
LaBalaDePlata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Odessa, Texas, 432
Posts: 8,013
Thanked 104 Times in 92 Posts
Default

If i do get that sps, ill probably mount some monarch glass on it. Im hoping to get it around may or so.
__________________
MY BUILD THREAD!!:
http://www.f150forum.com/f78/thesilv...thread-221547/
LaBalaDePlata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #12314
Senior Member
 
greensock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 747
Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABN Panzer View Post
It doesn't allways... His eyesight aint what it used to be. But he's done it enough it is more than coincidence. When I visit my folks in DEC I'll see if I cant drag him out to a range and get a few pics.
0.02 MOA would win a lot of long range matches. I would like to see pics if you can. That is borderline impossible according to a lot of guys that build rifles for a living. Not calling you a liar, but you better hold on to that gun, it's one in a million.
__________________
2012 SCrew FX4, EcoBoost, Blue Flame Metallic, 6" Pro Comp Lift, 35x12.5 Pro Comp Xtreme AT, 20x10 KMC Spy wheels, Nfab bumper, 30" KC LED bar
greensock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #12315
"Lifted"
5 Year Member
iTrader: (2)
 
KingRanch4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 10,338
Thanked 220 Times in 197 Posts
Default

Why zero at 25yds with a 308?? Nightforce has great glass but not worth the price.. Plenty other scopes are better for less.. I'm putting my money on PSA Viper mil dot
__________________
2007 King Ranch Rancho 4", 325/50/22 Nitto Trails, 22X10 KMC Rockstars, Edge Gryphon CS, S&B CAI, Raptor Running boards, RE Audio SRX 10's...
http://www.f150forum.com/f78/kingran...thread-164930/
KingRanch4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #12316
SilverBullet
iTrader: (3)
 
LaBalaDePlata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Odessa, Texas, 432
Posts: 8,013
Thanked 104 Times in 92 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanch4Life View Post
Why zero at 25yds with a 308?? Nightforce has great glass but not worth the price.. Plenty other scopes are better for less.. I'm putting my money on PSA Viper mil dot
Hell i dont know. I was ****ing up a target with the ar and that guy was next to me. Talk about $$$$ -us optics.
__________________
MY BUILD THREAD!!:
http://www.f150forum.com/f78/thesilv...thread-221547/

Last edited by LaBalaDePlata; 11-22-2013 at 06:33 PM.
LaBalaDePlata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #12317
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
ABN Panzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Some random Drop Zone on FT Bragg
Posts: 1,596
Thanked 81 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensock View Post
0.02 MOA would win a lot of long range matches. I would like to see pics if you can. That is borderline impossible according to a lot of guys that build rifles for a living. Not calling you a liar, but you better hold on to that gun, it's one in a million.

Will work to get a few. No need to believe me based on word alone Hell I wouldn't... I'd pretty much say PICS or STFU... I just don't have any at the moment. I know things don't work that easily...
ABN Panzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #12318
"Lifted"
5 Year Member
iTrader: (2)
 
KingRanch4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 10,338
Thanked 220 Times in 197 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBalaDePlata View Post
Hell i dont know. I was ****ing up a target with the ar and that guy was next to me. Talk about $$$$ -us optics.
Reminds me.. A year ago(i told this story before) a guy should up with a AR10 that he'd pieced together and brought another guy to teach him all the cool guy stuff about.. Not being apart of the group i just looked and listened.. This thing was tricked out with all types of cool guy stuff.. Must've weighed about 30lbs and about $7000... Everything he thought he knew was completely WRONG.. Picked the weapon up(mag inserted) flags the guy.. Still not clearing weapon points the muzzle towards his face and looks down thw barrel..

I packed up my **** and left... No way i was sticking around for that foolery..
__________________
2007 King Ranch Rancho 4", 325/50/22 Nitto Trails, 22X10 KMC Rockstars, Edge Gryphon CS, S&B CAI, Raptor Running boards, RE Audio SRX 10's...
http://www.f150forum.com/f78/kingran...thread-164930/
KingRanch4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #12319
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
volsbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SW Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 11,951
Thanked 68 Times in 59 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanch4Life View Post

Reminds me.. A year ago(i told this story before) a guy should up with a AR10 that he'd pieced together and brought another guy to teach him all the cool guy stuff about.. Not being apart of the group i just looked and listened.. This thing was tricked out with all types of cool guy stuff.. Must've weighed about 30lbs and about $7000... Everything he thought he knew was completely WRONG.. Picked the weapon up(mag inserted) flags the guy.. Still not clearing weapon points the muzzle towards his face and looks down thw barrel..

I packed up my **** and left... No way i was sticking around for that foolery..
There's a local attorney here who's the same way. He bought a Barrett 50 after he read about some Seal that killed a Somalian pirate with one. Later he bought an exact replica of the HK that killed UBL. Couldn't hit the Empire State Building at point blank with either though.
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #12320
SilverBullet
iTrader: (3)
 
LaBalaDePlata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Odessa, Texas, 432
Posts: 8,013
Thanked 104 Times in 92 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanch4Life View Post
Reminds me.. A year ago(i told this story before) a guy should up with a AR10 that he'd pieced together and brought another guy to teach him all the cool guy stuff about.. Not being apart of the group i just looked and listened.. This thing was tricked out with all types of cool guy stuff.. Must've weighed about 30lbs and about $7000... Everything he thought he knew was completely WRONG.. Picked the weapon up(mag inserted) flags the guy.. Still not clearing weapon points the muzzle towards his face and looks down thw barrel.. I packed up my **** and left... No way i was sticking around for that foolery..
Gotta watch out for the range commando types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
There's a local attorney here who's the same way. He bought a Barrett 50 after he read about some Seal that killed a Somalian pirate with one. Later he bought an exact replica of the HK that killed UBL. Couldn't hit the Empire State Building at point blank with either though.
I know a guy with a model 99, hes only shot it once, mostly due to lack of proper size range around here to handle a .50
__________________
MY BUILD THREAD!!:
http://www.f150forum.com/f78/thesilv...thread-221547/
LaBalaDePlata is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Intermittent m5od scraping noise cfoster1 Drivetrain 5 04-08-2016 11:59 PM
2014 --> 2015 part cross compatibility thread jcat 2015 - Present Ford F150 2 09-18-2015 11:01 AM
roll on bed coating with spray guy?? zaxcar1 General F150 Discussion 4 09-15-2015 12:06 PM
What are you guys doing for gun holders? gonefishin776 2015 - Present Ford F150 3 09-13-2015 05:20 PM
1989 to 1996 Ford F150 4x4 E4OD transmission rrmoval writeup notsosporty98 Drivetrain 3 09-12-2015 06:02 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:39 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.