Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2014, 11:10 PM   #40601
Resident light whore
 
BrowningSCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,248
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Thanks: 16
Thanked 575 Times in 497 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob.P93 View Post
Just like I think the dodge is well built and a solid truck. Hahah
Yeah but all the fords around here are still on their first transmissions and front ends and the dodges are on their second and thirds lol
__________________
See here for the full LED bulb guide!!http://www.f150forum.com/f6/97-03-le...-guide-174498/
My SCrew's build thread, check it out http://www.f150forum.com/f78/slowly-...ogress-141914/
BrowningSCrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:13 PM   #40602
Senior Member
 
Jacob.P93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 5,722
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanks: 41
Thanked 79 Times in 78 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningSCrew View Post
Yeah but all the fords around here are still on their first transmissions and front ends and the dodges are on their second and thirds lol
Lol Around here fords have to hav thousands an thousands of dollars put into the motor to make it reliable... I'll stick with cummins.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jferg92 View Post
Periods my friend, periods. Sometimes punctuation works wonders when expressing your thoughts.

Last edited by Jacob.P93; 07-26-2014 at 11:16 PM.
Jacob.P93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:55 PM   #40603
Senior Member
 
Jacob.P93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 5,722
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanks: 41
Thanked 79 Times in 78 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krack499 View Post
I haven't but if you want another movie like that check out scenic route
Isn't that supposed to be a scary movie?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jferg92 View Post
Periods my friend, periods. Sometimes punctuation works wonders when expressing your thoughts.
Jacob.P93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:32 AM   #40604
Resident light whore
 
BrowningSCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,248
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Thanks: 16
Thanked 575 Times in 497 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob.P93 View Post
Lol Around here fords have to hav thousands an thousands of dollars put into the motor to make it reliable... I'll stick with cummins.
There's still thousands upon thousands of said fords running around bone stock doing just fine too. this thing about you HAVE to do it is not really all that true, if you want to hot rod it or have it be a cross country tow pig 24/7 then yes it's a good investment. But there's tons of grandpa trucks and work trucks out there with thousands of miles on them bone stock holding up just fine.

All you're getting when you buy a dodge is a motor as far as I'm concerned. Even if I buy a 6.0 and throw $5k at it off the bat to make it bulletproof, I'm still money ahead over replacing transmissions and rebuilding front ends constantly. Even when I overlook my preference to ford and try to give them a bigger chance I really just couldn't see buying a dodge because of all the negatives Ive seen out of them. I'm just saying I've never seen the seat bracket fall through the floor or the cab fracture on a ford or chevy that wasn't 5 years old yet.
__________________
See here for the full LED bulb guide!!http://www.f150forum.com/f6/97-03-le...-guide-174498/
My SCrew's build thread, check it out http://www.f150forum.com/f78/slowly-...ogress-141914/
BrowningSCrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:53 AM   #40605
Senior Member
 
Jacob.P93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 5,722
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanks: 41
Thanked 79 Times in 78 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

You know my experience with dodge and have been around them my whole life pullin farm equip with one papa. And pulling cross country for a roofing biz. I am not getting an automatic so no issues there. As even if I was if I spent the money I could have a really good built trans and not have to worry about it again. My dad has hit 200k without a single trans issue. And has snapped a tie rod end backing a trailer into a drive way. I don't have a problem with dodge. And I know people with a 7.3 and a 6.7 and other than some minor issues on the 6.7 they are both solid machines. I've known 2 people with 6.4s as both got rid of them before 100k because of problems both were deleted an tuned by h&s. I don't know any one with a 6.0 wish I did so I wouldn't have a negative look at them. I'm sorry man I don't trust such a big investment on here say. I would love a 6.7 psd but they are still way to expensive. And a 7.3 doesn't put down the kind of power I want without a lot of money. I would love a dmax but they are pretty damn expensive and are so hard to find in a manual.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jferg92 View Post
Periods my friend, periods. Sometimes punctuation works wonders when expressing your thoughts.

Last edited by Jacob.P93; 07-27-2014 at 12:56 AM.
Jacob.P93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:05 AM   #40606
Resident light whore
 
BrowningSCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,248
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Thanks: 16
Thanked 575 Times in 497 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Our 6.0 has never offered to give us issues. Even before it was deleted and tuned, it ran circles around the old OBS 7.3. I've heard of only few people having issues out of 6.4's and the ones that were duds were bad duds but the good ones were great. 90% of the people I know that have constant issues out of powerstrokes are the ones that beat on their stuff and never maintain it and rag it all the time. Whereas the dodges Ive seen with issues were fairly even across the board, the ones treated well have less issues for sure but there's still a bunch that do, and the ones that were ragged on were even more so prone to such things. I'm not trying to talk you out of your dodge, I know it's your dream truck or whatever, but you make it sound like a Ford is just a 50/50 gamble that will probably just break down on you pulling out of the lot, which is most definitely not the case. Just enjoy that cracked dash, rusting body and rebuilding your front end lol because while I really don't doubt the engine, the rest of the truck is junk as far as I'm concerned
__________________
See here for the full LED bulb guide!!http://www.f150forum.com/f6/97-03-le...-guide-174498/
My SCrew's build thread, check it out http://www.f150forum.com/f78/slowly-...ogress-141914/

Last edited by BrowningSCrew; 07-27-2014 at 01:08 AM.
BrowningSCrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:25 AM   #40607
Senior Member
 
Jacob.P93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 5,722
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanks: 41
Thanked 79 Times in 78 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningSCrew View Post
Our 6.0 has never offered to give us issues. Even before it was deleted and tuned, it ran circles around the old OBS 7.3. I've heard of only few people having issues out of 6.4's and the ones that were duds were bad duds but the good ones were great. 90% of the people I know that have constant issues out of powerstrokes are the ones that beat on their stuff and never maintain it and rag it all the time. Whereas the dodges Ive seen with issues were fairly even across the board, the ones treated well have less issues for sure but there's still a bunch that do, and the ones that were ragged on were even more so prone to such things. I'm not trying to talk you out of your dodge, I know it's your dream truck or whatever, but you make it sound like a Ford is just a 50/50 gamble that will probably just break down on you pulling out of the lot, which is most definitely not the case. Just enjoy that cracked dash, rusting body and rebuilding your front end lol because while I really don't doubt the engine, the rest of the truck is junk as far as I'm concerned
I've got what you think about dodge. Lol I will enjoy the **** out of a dodge and it will be the last truck that I buy. You point at me for acting like ford is 50/50 and then say for me to have fun with all that. Like it is certainly gonna happen.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jferg92 View Post
Periods my friend, periods. Sometimes punctuation works wonders when expressing your thoughts.

Last edited by Jacob.P93; 07-27-2014 at 01:42 AM.
Jacob.P93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:33 AM   #40608
Senior Member
 
Cmanjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,605
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thanks: 65
Thanked 29 Times in 27 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

This is literally all I've eaten all day, and I haven't even had a chance to take a bite of it yet. This morning I wasn't hungry, then I got preoccupied working on the grille, and yea.
Attached Thumbnails
The official 97-03 group BS Thread-image-3658417022.jpg  
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krack499 View Post
It says it's a 5 cylinder and it's missing a drive shaft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackedup00 View Post
Just pull it out and see what happens. Yes... I know what I said
Cmanjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:41 AM   #40609
Senior Member
 
Jacob.P93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 5,722
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanks: 41
Thanked 79 Times in 78 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmanjr View Post
This is literally all I've eaten all day, and I haven't even had a chance to take a bite of it yet. This morning I wasn't hungry, then I got preoccupied working on the grille, and yea.
That looks delicious!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jferg92 View Post
Periods my friend, periods. Sometimes punctuation works wonders when expressing your thoughts.
Jacob.P93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:01 AM   #40610
Senior Member
 
mattmark6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 2,440
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 28
Thanked 33 Times in 32 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFX4Project View Post
@BrowningSCrew it always kills me to see pics of your junkyard. Nice green pastures with tons of room. Mine are stuck right in the heart of KC with 2ft between each car walking on a big gravel lot. Always hot as hell and seems like they never have anything better than a 97 reg cab xl.
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000fordf1504x4 View Post
That's the truth
x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmanjr View Post
Lol I was doing that before and it was wearing out my finger tips and dry sanding like that on plastic was making the sand paper get too hot and was burning my hand. I started wet sanding it and took 3 paint stir sticks from Home Depot and stapled them together then wrapped the sandpaper around that and stapled the sandpaper to the sticks so it wouldn't come off. Then I took a hammer and hammered all the staples down and made then flush with the surface of the sticks so it wouldn't scratch the plastic.
lol go get a sponge from your kitchen and put the sandpaper around that if you really need something.
__________________
2000 F-150 5.4L XLT 4x4 Off Road
mattmark6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:01 AM
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
"i'm gay"-hunter, 02supercrew5.4 was here, browning is a light whore, chevy is better than ford, country rocks, f-15dy boyz are gay, fords better then chevy, found a potato in my bum, haha... squirrel!, hunter prefers chevy, hunters gf is 15, i farted and it stunk, i like tags on my men, klu klux klan, malibuuuu!, meth is amazing, nick is a homo, nick is a troll, tackle likes me -nick, tackle likes men, tacklelikesitinthepooper, want's a gay sticky, who the hell reads tags?, wice burna

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.